cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dluciano88
Cosmic Ray

Link to Windows issue

Every time I power on my phone (Note 10+) I get a notification that Link to Windows is trying to connect. How in the world do I get that to stop doing that when I turn my phone on? I don't use it and I won't use it. But meanwhile it wants to connect. And its not able to be disabled. How do I get it to stop doing what it's doing?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Link to Windows issue

@dluciano88 Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@dluciano88 Did you tap and hold the link to window on the drop down menu and turn that off?

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Honored Contributor

@dluciano88 wrote:

Every time I power on my phone (Note 10+) I get a notification that Link to Windows is trying to connect. How in the world do I get that to stop doing that when I turn my phone on? I don't use it and I won't use it. But meanwhile it wants to connect. And its not able to be disabled. How do I get it to stop doing what it's doing?

After September update the Your Phone app started showing that notification.  You can of course hide the notification, but will it actually stop the app doing its business in the background.  I hit disable the app and factory version was loaded.  I don't see that notification anymore.  I already wrote to the developer of this app and told them I want this app to connect when the switch is on and when I want to use it.  I don't want it to activate or show any kind of activity without my consent.

If you don't use this feature at all, then do this:

1) Go to settings>apps>find "Your Phone app> and hit force stop

2) Then hit disable, it may ask you if you want to revert back to factory version, you can.

3) Go to storage and clear data

4) Scroll down to notifications and hit the first toggle to disable 

5) Then make sure no permissions allowed

6) Then appear on top, not allowed

7) Change System settings, not allowed

Google play store may say update for this app is available and you can go ahead update it, but don't use it.