cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBL
Constellation

Linux On Dex for Note 10/10+

The question has already been posted elsewhere but threads were closed my moddos. The lack of answers by Samsung is ridiculous at this point.

Facts:

-LoD is supported by  the S10, S10e and the S10+

-The Note 10/10+ is running the same hardware as the S10 series

-The Note 10/10+ has the same Dex features

-LoD will run better on Note 10+ than on S10+

First the Note 10 loses the headphones jack for no reason and now it doesn't even have the same features than the less expensive device? The Note is supposed to be your Pro line, the jack of all trades phones. 

3 REPLIES 3
userKKARcjgDw2
Astronaut

Re: Linux On Dex for Note 10/10+

I am a Full Stack Software Engineer and I just bought the note 10 plus, If i had known this, I would have bought a S10 plus.

I have a super slow pc at work, with the new dex, just plugin a cable functionality, combined with LoD would have been a great solution!

They had gold in their hands, LoD combined with a proper IDE. Just plugin a cable and have a full development machine on you mac or windows pc. Just before the finish they throw everything away.

Ow i have a thin client, but also a note 10 plus, now I can develope, IDE, VM's etc. Withouth the need for a dock, additional stuff etc.

I am so sad and seriously considering turning in my new note 10 plus

CBL
Constellation

They  are cancelling Linux On Dex entirely on all phones.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/19/samsung-discontinues-linux-on-dex/

user7jKr4qIJ2p
Constellation

I was thinking to change from my "iOS" live to Android. I only had Apple Devices. The LoD was the only thing I was interested in "Android". I was clos to buy a Note 10 plus. 

But now? Acknowledge of the total loose of LoD... Samsung... Sorry! 

Waiting for another Device... 

Now I can buy any Android Phone; all the same...

Samsung, think about it! Invest more on the LoD Idea. Think about to get a full PC when plugged in! THAT is the future!

Sincerly