cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7YuLA4m5yQ
Asteroid

Re: Linux on DeX not supported on Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree! What a dessilusion, after investing this amount of money, just to find out that I will not be able of using Linux on Dex again. I even bought the Note 10+ to enjoy the Linux VM with a lot more of resources.

userghLD3TskPK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a REALLY REALLY bad customer experience. I will have to buy an old phone to have MORE features?
This is just ridicolous.

BTW I cant even add likes to some of the post. I just wont work.

@userXkRHcZiBCW wrote:

This is rather disappointing. It's tragic to upgrade a device and lose functionality like this. There is nothing the new note should "not be able to do" that a year old device can. 

It seems like a simple decision to include on approved devices list. Versus any technical limitation around why new devices can't run Linux. 

userC2KEN95guy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For a $1200 phone for which Samsung has been heavily marketing its improved Dex connectivity, to find that Linux, which is one of the main dex applications no longer runs is a real slap in the face to users. I was looking forward to no longer having to drag out a second monitor and keyboard ...

user6pNEJuQZm7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree. Highly disappointing that Samsung looks set to drop support for Linux on DeX.

user0rqQzfMDjc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm most interested in Linux on Dex for my Samsung Galaxy Note10+

user0rqQzfMDjc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Adding Note10+ to Linux on Dex is the solution. This answer is merely an empty promise. Why wasn't LOD ready for release of Note10+?

userlny1sBYTjf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You mean what it says on the Samsung official website that Dex is supported is NOT true?

https://www.linuxondex.com/

It says at Samsung's official linuxondev.com website:

" Galaxy devices supported
Android Oreo

Note9

Tab S4

Android Pie

Note9

S9 & S9+

S10, S10e, S10+, S10 5G

Tab S4

Tab S5e

"

userlny1sBYTjf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Someone please enlighten me as to the real "Truth", my brand new Samsung Note10+ sits in its untouched unopened box right next to me, just delivered and I need to know if its safe to open or not.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The truth of the moment is that it will not work on the Note 10. However, it is marked as a feature request and rumor has it it's being worked on to be added. But as Rei said before, we're unable to speculate on the possible release of future updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2JU4RFRX4x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was a big feature thst I decided to come over to Samsung for. I had an iPhone. And this feature was huge thing for me. This is what is called a feature gap. And honestly should not have been release at all. Samsung phones that are new with Dex should never be a  rival with its predecessor. This drives customers away from the brand or never upgrades to the newest model. These gaps should always be remiedated before the new product is released. This bad product management in my option. Or QA checking.