cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0gE48TlcX9
Astronaut

Re: Linux on DeX not supported on Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can we please know if it is even being thought about. I bought this phone specifically for this feature. Can you just add it as a supported phone we'll tell you if there are bugs. Other than the pen feature it should be the same experience as the S10+.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I honestly don't have that answer, I have only heard the rumor that it is but have nothing to confirm it with. We truly cannot speculate on updates, not because we don't want to but rather we aren't given information on it. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userleczOR1HAb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not an acceptable response.

I also changed my S10 for a N10+ because of the new capability to use DEX on Windows and Mac OS, and obviously I expected Linux on DEX to still be working on my brand new shiny device.

This is really upsetting.

user4hffNh5jcG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can we please get a roadmap for support?  Multiple publications supported the idea that this would be available for the Note 10/+ and many of us upgraded with this feature in mind, in particular, the idea that we could buy the better hardware to support an activity that we've been depending on from our Note9s.... 

Many of us are considering returning our Note 10 devices and it would be good to know during the return window whether this is on the roadmap for support.

Not asking for speculation.  Asking for something that a professional would ask for.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately that is not information that any mod or general support agent would have to be able to tell you. When we say we cannot speculate, its not that we don't want to tell you, we literally don't know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userEHJ0XPW2ka
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Extremely disappointed Linux on DeX is not supported on the Note 10, was looking forward to upgrading, but not at the expense of LOSING functionality that is actually useful in place of functionality no one even asked for all because of some dumb deal between Microsoft and Samsung. DeX and Linux on DeX should be ALTERNATIVES to Windows, instead Samsung us treating DeX like an app accessed through Windows.

POINTLESS.

Windows can already access the Android filesystem without a desktop UI running on Android and there is no need for DeX to have integrated support for windows apps on a WINDOWS machine that is already running the apps. It's redundent and POINTLESS.

Samsung got greedy, now I'm not so sure I want to upgrade for gimmicky useless and pointless features while real useful features get dropped. You gone done messed up guys.

userHokFD1NtyM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this marked as solved? Does not make sense. Please add note 10 + to list of supported devices. 

user38d6zeHrsG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is unfortunate because while I love my note 10+, my workflow has come to depend on Linux on dex. My phone is still within the 30 day return window, so I will probably just return it and stick with my old Galaxy until it is released for the note 10+, or if it isn't, consider the one plus 7 pro. This whole upgrading and losing features is getting old.

userP5SDK67OM6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hopefully support is added soon

user0soF1VUsnZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

Waiting for the release of LOD, on note 10 plus,

Switched from note 8, with much excitement about LOD, SAD!