cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfGfmJoyY0Q
Constellation

Re: Linux on DeX not supported on Note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gonna have to add myself to the list here. I love my Note 10 in every other aspect; cameras are great, S pen is fluid and well integrated, Samsung pay works flawlessly, and normal DeX is also great. The only feature that is missing, with seemingly no reason, is Linux on DeX. I have heard rumors about LoD being cancelled altogether for the Note 10 devices. If Samsung can't give an exact response to WHEN it will come to the Note 10's, I at LEAST want confirmation that those rumors are false and that it WILL be coming. If I at least get that confirmation I won't think about returning my device any more.

userghLD3TskPK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfGfmJoyY0Q wrote:

Gonna have to add myself to the list here. I love my Note 10 in every other aspect; cameras are great, S pen is fluid and well integrated, Samsung pay works flawlessly, and normal DeX is also great. The only feature that is missing, with seemingly no reason, is Linux on DeX. I have heard rumors about LoD being cancelled altogether for the Note 10 devices. If Samsung can't give an exact response to WHEN it will come to the Note 10's, I at LEAST want confirmation that those rumors are false and that it WILL be coming. If I at least get that confirmation I won't think about returning my device any more.

These are horrible news. If it was true my disappointment would be beyond believe.
BTW pure Speculation: Didnt Microsoft want that since this would make Windows and MS Office 365 obsolete ? You cant ward it of anyway. Its just a matter of time when Libre Office and co will be brought to Android in a proper way.  And if you dont do it - the Chinese will waiting to take your market share.

Tundrok
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You all need to accept a reality you don't want to:

Linux on DeX was an experimental capability that is now abandoned because there is no return on investment. It doesn't run great anyway and even if it ran great almost NOBODY would use it. Accept that you are part of an extremely niche audience and that flagship devices are not going to cater to your needs over the needs of the many

wm8s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

End of Linux on DeX Beta

Thank you for supporting Linux on DeX Beta. The development of Linux on DeX was all thanks to customer interest and valuable feedback. Unfortunately, we are announcing the end of our beta program, and will no longer provide support on future OS and device releases.

NOTE — Linux on DeX will not be supported on Android 10 Beta. Once you update your device to Android OS 10, you will not be able to perform a version rollback to Android Pie. If you decide to update your device to Android 10 Beta, we recommend backing up data before updating.

Thank you,
The Linux on DeX Team

ReiverZero
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is unfortunate. I really hope they bring linux on dex to the note10/10+

userV3Mkvrf9uX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They can't. Android 10 will also be eliminating apps like Termux. The only way to get close will be for Termux to create a different APK for every single package that you would install. I'm not sure if they will even want to try and manage that.

usergiKUxtYgz3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems crazy to close this project.

For years Samsung has chased and copied other competitors (like Apple etc.), now that it had developed its own real project that could distinguish it with all the others .... has it decided to quit it ??? It's crazy !!!

Samsung will always remain at the mercy and under the thumb of other competitors and large IT companies: Google (for the mobile operating system like android), Apple (for innovation in the mobile device) and Microsoft (for desktop systems).

Samsung you lost your last and only chance to be a lion and you have decided to be a sheep for life !!!

useriZkUyd2LRP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can understand that android 10 will not support application like "Linux on Dex".

I can also understand that Samsung wants to close the project, but why to intentionally block this application for Note10 ?

Let this project die natural death, and users possibility to choose if they want to upgrade to android 10 or not.