cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQ6SOzNIXVS
Asteroid

Live Messages

Is anyone else experiencing an odd issue? When creating a live message, it appears normal on my screen, and saves normal to my gallery. However, I've sent to Note 8 and Note 10+ users, and on both my end and theirs, it appears pixelated and very low quality. I'm using Samsungs default text app. I've tried both gif and MP4. It converts to an MMS automatically and degrades quality dramatically. Samsung support chat was unable to help. We did a settings reset too. Also, when I try to send it via my gallery as a live message, it says unsupported and defaults back to MMS and low quality again. 

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

Re: Live Messages

When I was playing with my phone, I saw Live Message, but haven't tried it...planning to

1) Are you able to send it/share it via Whatsapp or another similar app and see if the quality any different?

2) Are you using unlocked model or a carrier branded?

userQ6SOzNIXVS
Asteroid

It is carrier brand with Verizon, and I had no issues last week when I was using live messages on my Note 8. 

As for the other question, I was using Message+ provided by Verizon on my previous phone. Because edge lighting does not work with Message+ on a Note 10 (the only way to get notification lights on 10's), I switched to the provided Samsung app. I have also tried with Message+, and it tells me the file size is too large and will not even allow it to send. 

RoarLionsRoar
Asteroid

Text message size is limited by your provider. If the fil...

Text message size is limited by your provider. If the file you are sending is really big then the app compresses it and it can get pixelated

userQ6SOzNIXVS
Asteroid

Re: Text message size is limited by your provider. If the fil...

My live messages worked great with my Note 8 on the same network just a week ago. 

userYwo6Ww8YbY
Constellation

Re: Text message size is limited by your provider. If the fil...

Then why when I send a regular picture that is a bigger file size than the live message gets sent crystal clear. Cuz by that logic wouldn't that be pixelated too based on carrier limitations?

userrh0R0kxzEi
Constellation

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have not been able to find a fix. 

LcTVirus
Constellation

note 10+ Here. Same problem. Works on my note8 that i gave my wife after i bought this 10. Hers works mine dont. We may have to post in the galaxy store in the app to let the creators know is not working on the Note 10.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to our developers directly at spenapp@samsung.com. You can also locate the developers contact information inside the Galaxy store, by going to the app itself and clicking the information icon.