cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catcat36
Asteroid

Lock screen and Google play

When my lock screen comes on I can only stop and play my podcasts. The rewind and fast forward buttons are greyed out. I only noticed it 3 days into having it. Did I not notice? I wouldn't think so. Did I adjust something wrong? Audible app does the same thing. Overdrive let's me use the rw and ff in the lock screen. Any help will be appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

Re: Lock screen and Google play

@Catcat36 wrote:

When my lock screen comes on I can only stop and play my podcasts. The rewind and fast forward buttons are greyed out. I only noticed it 3 days into having it. Did I not notice? I wouldn't think so. Did I adjust something wrong? Audible app does the same thing. Overdrive let's me use the rw and ff in the lock screen. Any help will be appreciated! 

Which app(s) are not letting you to rew and ff?

Which apps are allowing you to rew and ff?

Catcat36
Asteroid

It's Google podcast. I can use other apps and am able to use rewind and fast forward. With the Google podcast, it's just greyed out.

DaleFromNC
Astronaut

I use the Podcast Addict app and am seeing the same problem. When I had an S4 the app's widget for the lock screen had 5 controls Play/Pause, Skip Fwd/Back & Fast Fwd/Back. On the S10 the Podcast Addict widget does not show. Instead the app's developer tells me what show is the default widget. That does not have the Fast Fwd/Back controls. Additionally if the app is paused the lock screen does not show the widget at all. I spent a lot of time twiddling all the setting in both the app and Android to no avail. I believe that there is likely no simple solution by just adjusting the settings. It will probably need some kind of software change. I'm going to ask the app developer for details on how the app registers the lock screen widget. Perhaps once we know that the Android people can provide a solution.