JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Long Text messaging Get Broken Up into Multiple

(Topic created: 11-20-2019 04:53 PM)
userlnI7bQjjWd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi i just recently bought the note 10 plus... and recently discovered when i send a large text message it gets seperated and sent in different texts and they are all disorganized ...how do i turn this feature off!! This is awful. I send one long text to someone and it send 5 to 6 messages to them all separated . Totally annoying someone help! Lol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there @userlnI7bQjjWd,

Thanks for reaching out.

This feature can't be turned off. This is depending on how certain carriers are sending out text messages out on their end. You do have an option to contact your carrier to see if they can further assist you.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Samsung_DTjZSNE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I got a note 10 plus too and that one thing makes me regret no getting iPhone other than that the phone is amazing everywhere else.

0 Likes
MISTAKEN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Download google messaging app

0 Likes
MISTAKEN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Perks of android your not limited to a single messaging app find one you like textra is good google messaging, gosms, and a bunch more

John79x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well, I've never had that problem on mine.

But I did have an issue of not being able to receive my group messages in one group.

Everyone was coming through separately in an individual text initially until I clicked on the message and then it would download into the group.

Came to find out, I had to turn back on allowing background data for the app to run for it to work right.

Just a long shot, but if you turn that off on most apps and/ or have data saver on like me then do this.

Long press on your text messaging app icon.

Select >APP INFO >MOBILE DATA.

In there make sure both ALLOW BACKGROUND DATA USAGE and ALLOW APP WHILE DATA SAVER IS ON are both turned on.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey there @userlnI7bQjjWd,

Thanks for reaching out.

This feature can't be turned off. This is depending on how certain carriers are sending out text messages out on their end. You do have an option to contact your carrier to see if they can further assist you.