cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYroZixygYu
Constellation

MMS Messages wont download

My wife and I upgraded to a Note 10 Plus and while connected to either wifi or while wifi calling is turned on, no pic messages will download.   Any solutions. 

We have tried various messaging apps and done some troubleshooting but issue still unresolve . 

18 REPLIES 18
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: MMS Messages wont download

Who is your carrier?

Have you tried reaching out to your carrier to confirm this option is available for your network?

I know that some carriers do not allow for MMS to be downloaded while in call and usually the call must be disconnected to receive that information.

I would recommend reaching out to them directly to confirm.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYroZixygYu
Constellation

We have ATT. The MMS wont download when the wifi calling feature is turned on and phone is not being used. So no calls are being made or connected and the MMS will still not download. 

We upgraded from an iPhone and never had this issue before with the iphone so dont believe it is a carrier issue but will check. 

userV5U0Y2oaEB
Constellation

Not sure if you fixed your issue... But if you go to reset network settings..and hit reset. It should help bring your MMS up. I had the same issue and I'm sure since I transferred my info from a Note 8.. it sent over the same setting linked to that phone. So hope this helps all who read this. 

Also when you reset... You will have to reconnect everything that was Bluetooth connected before

userTjaJlkeUHS
Astronaut

I tried resetting my network settings for a similar issue with MMS messages not showing up on the new phone... I transfered all of my data from my Note 8 to my Note 10+, and now all of the pictures that are in my messsages (both sent and received) on the Note 10+ are not showing up at all. Anyone have any suggestions? I have Verizon.

userpAgtGFo5VN
Astronaut

Resetting the Network Settings worked for me. ATT

usert1xo0DZd1c
Constellation

How do you do that?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userYroZixygYu wrote:

We have ATT. The MMS wont download when the wifi calling feature is turned on and phone is not being used. So no calls are being made or connected and the MMS will still not download. 

This is a know issue with AT&T's wifi calling on many models. Hopefully AT&T will address it sometime soon. 

Honored Contributor

@userYroZixygYu wrote:

My wife and I upgraded to a Note 10 Plus and while connected to either wifi or while wifi calling is turned on, no pic messages will download.   Any solutions. 

We have tried various messaging apps and done some troubleshooting but issue still unresolve . 

1) Go to wifi calling settings and try to set it to "cellular preferred" instead of wifi preferred.  Restart device.  See if it worked

2) APN reset:

If you want to check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected and you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults. Then restart device

uservT7vFSGIgu
Constellation

I have the exact same issie on my note 10+ also using ATT