cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

MMS not working properly.

Currently the only way I can send a picture, gif, or video is if my phone is not connected to wifi at all. I understand that MMS does not send thru wifi but I shouldn't have to turn off my wifi just to send a picture. This changed after the Android 9.0 update.

What could be wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: MMS not working properly.

Android 10 update. Sorry.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

WHo is your carrier? You might need to reset your network settings.

Highlighted
Constellation

Xfinity mobile. I've tried that one... thinking maybe I should try and get a different sim card.

Constellation

I've been trying to get this to work for weeks. I am on a Note10 on Xfinity mobile. I have to either turn off my wifi OR resize and mms to under 150kb in order for it to send.

After sending or attempting to send pictures for the past few hours...I had tried resizing before but apparently I just wasn't going small enough. Anything under 150kb will go through without my turning wifi off. Anything over won't unless I turn wifi off.
Soooooo...did my iPhone automatically resize my mms prior to sending OR did my iPhone automatically turn off the wifi or somehow direct mms directly to cellular? I never had to resize or turn wifi off even sending to Samsung or Google users (folks not using imessage). If I can't get the phone to bypass the wifi, can I get it to resize mms prior to sending?
Turning off the wifi is a pain but I'm certainly not going to manually resize mms before I send it. There has to be a way to do this.

I've chatted with Xfinity who says it's a Samsung issue that is supposed to be remedied by an update. I've also chatted with Samsung who says it's an issue of carrier settings and no mention of any software issue or updates.

Xfinity did say that the "standard" size limit is 600kb but I couldn't get anything ove 150 to go through unless I turn off the wifi.

I also had them send me a new sim card but they had an issue trying to get the new sim to work with my old phone # so they ended up having me re-insert my old SIM from my iphone. Don't know if that's the issue or not.