cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzgbyN1UbAX
Asteroid

MMS over wifi from Note to NOte

Ok so I have an issue. I have AT&T service and cannot send a pic/MMS over wifi to my wife's Note 10 plus. When I attach the pic or mms it shows actual size and takes 5 mins to send. When the send completes after 5mins, it actually compresses the image to finally send. When I use cell service and attach it does not compress at all and sends instantly. Now, when I attach a pic/mms to text any other device (iphone or other android) it attaches and instantly compresses and sends over wifi. I did not have any issues with our previous Galaxy 8s. After spending hours with AT&T they said its a samsung issue and suggested I just send over cell service. Samsung support blames AT&T. This makes no sense to me at all. It does not matter what wifi I connect to it will not send mms from note to note but is fine any other device. Any suggestions or is anyone else having this issue?

21 REPLIES 21
Samsung_8PxdjO7
Astronaut

Re: MMS over wifi from Note to NOte

I am having the same issue 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

userzgbyN1UbAX
Asteroid

We cant be the only 2 lol. Hopefully a fix will be here soon!

Maybe Samsung can chime in as well.

userzgbyN1UbAX
Asteroid

Bumping so maybe a Samsung rep can help here.

users8SXqkzbwb
Constellation

I had the same problem. Tmobile tech support finally fixed my issue

userzgbyN1UbAX
Asteroid

I spent 2 hours with AT&T with no resolve.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

MMS has to send through the service providers servers. As your phone sends and receives text messages, the phone is working correctly. You will need to pursue a resolution through AT&T. 

userzgbyN1UbAX
Asteroid

This makes no sense as I can send an MMS to other androids and Iphones via wifi. Just not another Note

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

It could be in the routing between the two phones. Not every message routes the same. You will need to pursue a resolution through AT&T.

Honored Contributor

@users8SXqkzbwb 

What did T-Mobile guy do to fix it?