cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_Ufq2bJa
Astronaut

Messages app

Is anyone else having a problem with the message app? I just switched from iPhone and my messaging app on the note 10 is not working. I can send a couple text but then it stops working. I've turned the phone off several times and did all updates. I'm having to depend on WhatsApp. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Elhalfpr
Constellation

Re: Messages app

Have you deregistered from imessage

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_Ufq2bJa Did you turn off iMessage before you switched? may need to be turn off for whole day for you to start getting messages on android.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Honored Contributor

@Samsung_Ufq2bJa wrote:

Is anyone else having a problem with the message app? I just switched from iPhone and my messaging app on the note 10 is not working. I can send a couple text but then it stops working. I've turned the phone off several times and did all updates. I'm having to depend on WhatsApp. Any ideas?

It is possible that the below is the issue...what @RedDragon mentioned

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

JimKnuckles
Asteroid

Also, if you're coming from iPhone...you should use Android Messages instead of Samsung's messaging app. It's far better

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JimKnuckles wrote:

Also, if you're coming from iPhone...you should use Android Messages instead of Samsung's messaging app. It's far better

I would agree to a certain extent.  Through my carrier(T-Mobile) Samsung messaging app supports Advanced messaing(RCS) where I can send original image quality and video files closer to 10MB.  With Android Messages, I can't for the time being until Google/carriers come up with proper RCS.