cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alessio_Tundis
Constellation

Microsoft word and excel doesn't work in dex mode

Hi guys Microsoft word and excel doesn't work in ded mode on my samsung note 10+

is there anyone who has encountered this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Alessio_Tundis
Constellation

Re: Microsoft word and excel doesn't work in dex mode

I have the same problem, i guess we have to wait an upgrade

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We are unable to recreate this on our testing devices. Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition of the device? Do you have the official Microsoft Office app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRKrKMdxNCp
Constellation

So here is what's going on...I actual had this problem when I did Smart Switch from my Note 9 to my Note 10+. The apps worked in Dex mode on the Note 9 but on the Note 10+. I finally just did a factory reset on my 10+ and then everythings worked in mobile and in Dex.  Last week set up Link to Window and now the apps (PP, Word,Excel) will not open in Dex mode and only in mobile.  As you as you click on the program it immdeiately closes. I think is may have something to do with the fact I have a Hotmail acct that does no have the Microsoft license and I have an office365 account that does. When I set up my Link to Windows I used my hotmail acct.  I reset the apps in mobile version and deleted the hotmail acct. Ialso shut of Link to Windows and the apps will still not open

userV2RqIIaLY3
Constellation

I noticed the issue with the latest Dex Update. Before the update, I was able to open Excel and Word using Dex for PC.

userV2RqIIaLY3
Constellation

I found out what the conflict is. The Multi-window screen zoom setting in the Multistar App withing Good Lock. Disable this feature when using Dex and Excel and Word will work again. Another user reported that just uninstalling Good Lock will fix it, but if you like the other features offered by Good Lock simply disable the feature I mentioned above.Screenshot_20191018-200540_MultiStar.jpg

userlR71zLlJun
Constellation

MultiStar screen zoom off worked for me too. Legend!

korayem
Constellation

Brilliant! That solved it! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Randysharp82
Constellation

Legendary tech support

userC7Dr5PTzKt
Constellation