cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Moisture Message

The past few days I have had a 'moisture detected' message on my phone but I am very careful with phone and have never exposed it to water nor get it wet. It is getting annoying as I am now only able to charge my phone slowly and wirelessly. Someone help!
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Moisture Message

if you have recently updated your device and are now experiencing this issue a software reflash would be the recommended option
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Moisture Message

I'm not sure what that is. I updated a few days ago. now that you mention it, the problem didn't happen before.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Re: Moisture Message

gonna need a software reflash
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Moisture Message

I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure I can look it up.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Moisture Message

would have to bring your device to a UBIF location
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Before reflashing the phone, try wiping the cache partition on the phone. This does NOT remove apps nor user data.

To wipe the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Moisture Message

I am familiar with wiping the cache partition but didn't think about trying it. Let me give it a shot.
Highlighted
Constellation

I tried wiping cache too. Didn't work. I also started it up in Safe mode to see if any apps were causing an issue. Still have the moisture alert. My phone has never been exposed to water. I don't think humidity would be an issue, since I've used the phone during a heavy rainstorm under shelter several times and no issues. I think it may be a hardware/firmware problem. My device is less than a year old. This happened a few days before the last software update. After the update the moisture alert went away. Then yesterday the alert reappeared.
Highlighted
Astronaut

before telling someone to do a reflash to someone who clearly does not know what that is, how about something a little more simple before making the user jump through hoops. I would back up data and reset first . I know it's a hassle , but this should be done prior to a firmware flash