Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 10-25-2020 12:17 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
madness497
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
would have to bring your device to a UBIF location
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Before reflashing the phone, try wiping the cache partition on the phone. This does NOT remove apps nor user data.

To wipe the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I am familiar with wiping the cache partition but didn't think about trying it. Let me give it a shot.
0 Likes
userDNfjPOIbOB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I tried wiping cache too. Didn't work. I also started it up in Safe mode to see if any apps were causing an issue. Still have the moisture alert. My phone has never been exposed to water. I don't think humidity would be an issue, since I've used the phone during a heavy rainstorm under shelter several times and no issues. I think it may be a hardware/firmware problem. My device is less than a year old. This happened a few days before the last software update. After the update the moisture alert went away. Then yesterday the alert reappeared.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
before telling someone to do a reflash to someone who clearly does not know what that is, how about something a little more simple before making the user jump through hoops. I would back up data and reset first . I know it's a hassle , but this should be done prior to a firmware flash
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
thank you. you're right. it will be a hassle but i'd rather try that first.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
no problem. I had weird issues after updates and just reset my device and the issue was gone. glad I posted the suggestion
Marc- just Marc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

We have a fast charging cable that was purchased directly from AT&T at the same time that we bought the car charger. The fast charge cable is attached to the port of the car charger and has started to give an error message of "Moisture detected, please remove cable" or such. 

Neither of our phones has been exposed to moisture, the car if not moist (especially on a sunny 75 degree day), nor does the actual coil cable from the car charger give this message. The phones will automatically reboot itself once this error happens. 

Online searches and community searches are not showing any acceptable "solutions"; I cannot believe that it is the charging port as it doesnt happen with any other cable, nor can I understand how forcing a reboot on the phone is the right answer.

It seems that Samsung has not addressed the actual issue that it may be their cable that is causing the error. It cannot be the phone if it doesnt happen consistently with all charging cables. I am currently hooked up to the out of the box charger in my office and I have never had the moisture error to happen.

Model of phone: SM-N95OU

Cable info, to the best of my knowledge: Belkin 6-ft Type C to Type A USB Charge & Sync Cable

SamsungCamp
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Good afternoon @Marc- just Marc

So just to make sure I have all the details. When your phone is giving this message it is connected to the car charger? And no other charger gives this message? Or does the belkin cable give you that message as well?

Marc- just Marc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi, 

The coiled car charger does not give the error. It is the Belkin cable charger that is attached to the USB port of the coiled car charger's charging base.

I am not sure that Belkin is the manufacturer as it has the Samsung logo on both ends of the USB male adaptors. It was purchased at a corporate AT&T location so I am thinking it is a direct Samsung product now that I think about it. 

0 Likes