Original topic:

Moisture detection in charging port after 2.5 UI update

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 06:38 AM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having this problem with moisture detected in your charging port. I'm on day 5 of this issue. I went to the Samsung store was told it would cost me $450 usa dollars to fix it. This started after the 2.5 ui update. FML. SO DISAPPOINTED. 

Update it went away for a day and now is back
93 Replies
Sabeeeh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have same issue, now my phone is in repair service center, i have faced same problem with my galaxy c5 a year ago.

Where I live, there are some of Samsung's biggest repair centers, where it seems that Samsung's job is to repair phones.

0 Likes
usere4WZNmxTTv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

In a two cases, two or three weeks between, I can't charge my phone, Android sistem noticed me that was moisture on my USB / Charger detected, disconnect charger, and wait to dry... Phone was no wet at all...

Please discard that function in next Android update... I have read that many owners brand new galaxy mobile phones have that problem, and also one year warranty not cover it at all.

Master reset was not solved that problem. 

0 Likes
Jeaux
Halo
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I've had that happen before. Give these a try.

https://youtu.be/KKbmPHB2pkQ
usere4WZNmxTTv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay, thanks,

in first time I was powering off and connect, that helps, in second time it was disappeard after several attempts all by itself, if it appear again (I am hopping not), I am going to try yours advices

0 Likes
userdbc3wVu88t
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Here is how to fix the Galaxy S8 Moisture Detected In Charging Port warning that wont go away even when there is no moisture and preventing you from charging your phone. This video provides six (6) possible fixes and can be used on devices like the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S7 and any other device with ...
0 Likes
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The past few days I have had a 'moisture detected' message on my phone but I am very careful with phone and have never exposed it to water nor get it wet. It is getting annoying as I am now only able to charge my phone slowly and wirelessly. Someone help!
madness497
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
if you have recently updated your device and are now experiencing this issue a software reflash would be the recommended option
0 Likes
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm not sure what that is. I updated a few days ago. now that you mention it, the problem didn't happen before.
0 Likes
madness497
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
gonna need a software reflash
0 Likes
BoyMom1x
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure I can look it up.
0 Likes