cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Moisture detected error

Couple of days ago, my brother who owns a note 10+, got the moisture detected error which didn't resolve after doing all recommended actions. Then his wife who has the same phone model got the error. And now I'm also getting the error (my phone is note 10) it's been days and the issue is not going away.

None of our phones were in contact with water or anything that could cause this. We are just getting this error randomly and it's frustrating. 

We are all charging wirelessly hoping the issue would resolve or the por will dry out but nothing is working and it seems to me that's a software issue. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Moisture detected error

Oh no!

I'd try the following:

- Update the devices fully from settings
- Reboot the phones
- Remove any recently installed apps
- Power one phone off for a day and then test if it resolves the issue
- Let one phone die while on batter and see if it resolves issues
- Boot into recover mode and clear the device cache https://thedroidguy.com/clear-cache-partition-samsung-android-10-1123648
- Reset the device if issue remains

If this helped can you let me know by selecting this post as the solution to your problem? thanks!
Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the reply. I've actually reset the phone to factory settings and the software is up to date and I think that kinda covers all the methods but the issue remains.im still looking for a solution. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, If none of the troubleshooting steps have helped I would recommend reaching out to a uBreakiFix location near you to see what options they have available for evaluating the device. Alternatively, you can contact your carrier to see if they can help you or you can send me a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of your phone and I can set you up with a ticket to ship your phone in and have it evaluated by a technician at the Samsung service center. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

This issue should not have been there or come up on the phone in first place. now is this a bug that has been plantrd on purpose so customer is forced to send an actively used phone to Samsung for service unnecessarily