cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Samsung_FGWLhsO
Astronaut

Moisture detected πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Anyone else thinking of switching to iPhone because of the moisture detected, can't charge phone notification??

19 REPLIES 19
Samsung_0mrXEwg
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

HECK NOO

Samsung_FGWLhsO
Astronaut

Well I am, it's ridiculous

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

It's a security feature. If the sensors detect moisture it shuts down the charging port to prevent an electrical shortage

Samsung_FGWLhsO
Astronaut

It's happened with my last 3 Samsungs which are all meant to be waterproof. It hasn't let me charge for 23 hours now, I have had to use a wireless charger... I'm never buying a Samsung again solely because of this

Samsung Care Ambassador

The note 10 is not waterproof, it is water resistant. Take a blow dryer and hold it a few inches away from the port. Then try to take a cotton swab and clean the port out. Put the charger inside of the port and restart the phone while the charger is plugged in

Rvhs03
Constellation

This post is ridiculous

Bpp3
Cosmic Ray

So you think Samsung should a charge when water is detected. It's your fault for getting it wet, not the manufacturer guy

I got my phone wet and it won't charge! Better buy a higher priced more finicky one next time /S

Nikgosan
Asteroid

So here is my experience. I took my S8+ many times to swimming pool (5 ft pool). I used to get this notification but I used a dryer to dry it and it used to go away.

One time, I went on a cruise and accidentally I took my wife's Iphone X to a 5ft pool. It was completely dead. Luckily we had a Apple care plus plan, so we got a new phone for $100 but you can choose to deal with notification or switch to iphone and brick the device when it submerges in water. Good day!