JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dex mode mouse only appears on phone not the external display

(Topic created: 11-08-2019 02:43 PM)
Sumwun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Working in Dex mode on an external monitor and dex station for two weeks with the Note 10 and it's worked fine.   However today the mouse pointer will only appear on the phone and not the external monitor.  Switched the phone to touchpad mode and it does the same thing.  Screen goes black and the touchpad shows up, but when I move the pointer only shows up on the phone.  

I also do not see the dex options under settings when connected to the docking station.  Cleared all the dex related cache and rebooted the phone several times and no changes in the slightest.  

This has just up and stopped working with no known changes to this device since the last time I used it.

22 Replies
Solution
ironjohn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I posted the same problem on a new thread, and found the solution this morning on reddit.

Solution here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Mouse-stuck-on-phone-screen-in-Dex/m-p/943976#M13904

ironjohn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I plugged the phone into my portable monitor this morning, turned on my BT mouse and keyboard, told my friends to check out this cool new way to work, and left them unimpressed.

I can only use the mouse on the phone screen.

Dex comes on and the BT keyboard works with it. I was able to tab my way to settings and found the mouse options were missing.

I've:
Cleared cache and data from all of the dex apps.
Unpaired and repaired the mouse.
Restarted the phone.
Tried phone as pointer. Pointer is still trapped on screen.

This seems to be exactly the same problem as this guy from a couple of months ago: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Dex-mode-mouse-only-appears-on-phone-not-the-external-dis...

His problem was not resolved.

Any ideas?

ironjohn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Problem solved!

From user Redflea on r/SamsungDex:

"I was able to get this working again. I have been using the Dex on PC app at work and it seems that sometimes after removing it from the PC app it will not work properly on a Dex dock. I had to plug it back into my work pc, stop dex, and then it worked as expected on my standalone monitor with dex dock."

I connected my phone to my PC, let it auto launch Dex, closed the Dex application on Windows, then disconnected my phone.

The mouse works in Dex mode on my portable monitor again!

0 Likes