JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 12:36 PM)
userhmbuaC6lH7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The AKG earbuds that came with the phone (USB type-C) is not working when I plug it into my phone. I have no other means of finding out if they work with other devices as everyone else in my household is with Apple. 

Problem: When I plug the earbuds into the phone, the phone will still play music through its speakers and Not through tht e earbuds. I have tried waiting a little bit and it's still not working. I have cleared the cache partition and downloaded the app: Samsung Type-C. To no avail, the phone is still playing sound through the speakers. Charging the phone is completely fine though..

Any other suggestions Samsung? These are the only earbuds that I have because I lost my Gear iconX a couple weeks ago.

77 Replies
user6eZrgWnJnQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My AKG wire headset is not working to my Note 10+, the headset given with the phone.

it's very very difficult and irritating.

0 Likes
userY4URttADxe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

SAME HERE AND WHAT A RIP OFF FOR SUCH AN EXPENSIVE PHONE ,IVE ORDERED SOME WIRELESS BUDS BUT NOT SAMSUNG.

0 Likes
userwXQeAaGB2y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Okay, this is an issue I've been having for couple of months now but I've just noticed that it's a huge problem. It's really frustrating. Everytime I connect the bundled USB-C headphone (AKG) that came in the box to the note 10+, the headphones are NOT detected. I even tried another pair of the same headphones that came with my dad's note 10+ and same issue. But, these headphones work fine with his note 10+. Also, I keep getting the notification "USB connector connected" "USB connector disconnected". It keeps going back and fourth between connected/disconnected. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I included it here. I have done a Wipe Partition in recovery mode and nothing changed. 

Mikey_75
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey @userwXQeAaGB2y 

Hopefully all is well and we can find a solution for you. I was able to find a similar thread concerning AKG headphones acting up and provides troubleshooting steps.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/AKG-Bundled-Earbuds-Not-Being-Detected/td-p/1156302

and adding the moderator @SamsungAdam for any additional steps. 

Hopefully this helps. 

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello,

The first thing id do is check my C port to the phone its self. Often lint and other small random debris fall into the perfect spot to disrupt the connection. If you do suspect of see lint or something in your port use a toothbrush or brush with fine brissles and gently brush the port clean. Also id check my settings and see if my phones software is up to date sometimes a simple update can fix thesse issues.  If these things dont help remedy your issues you can locate the closest Samsung Experiance / Ubreakifix store near you and they are capible of running multiple diagnostics on your phone to identify the exact proble, for you. Heres a easy link to for you https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
userB7LyehXgJG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem. Did you solve the problem? 

0 Likes
userwXQeAaGB2y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No, the issue still persists. 

0 Likes
userYyP9KXTV26
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I had the same error on my Note 10+  and I just got feedback from Samsung they have replaced my "Sub Pba" and firmware.

Im waiting to get my phone back so I can see if its working, but according to Samsung it's a common error and it should work now.

0 Likes
userlqNx07zWyz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did this fix your issue? I'm having the exact same problem. I'm irated a I paid huge amount of money. This is happening on my European device. Would be interested any your feedback after the repair. 

Thanks

0 Likes
userXKX2HSjipO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

we have the same issue. Is your headphone fixed already? If yes, how did you fixed it??

0 Likes