cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NFC not working after screen repair

I just had the screen on my Note 10+ replaced at my local ubreakifix store and the NFC has stopped working all of a sudden. It looks to me like MST works, but is giving an error at the terminal. Normally if I tap one of my credit cards with tap to pay against the back of the phone, it says "NFC tag not supported" but I'm not getting this message anymore. Same thing happened about a year ago when I got the back on my Note 9 replaced a year ago. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Comet

Re: NFC not working after screen repair

they are using cheap screens that are not compatible with your phone just like certain aftermarket screens will not let you function certain things on iPhone and used to prevent you from using the home button or the fingerprint button that was on it whenever your phone screen needs to be fixed you need to make sure you're going to a reputable place or you send it to Samsung directly for repair since you've replaced it aftermarket now Samsung may not offer to repair it for you if they will they might charge you a good penny
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: NFC not working after screen repair

ubreakifix is a samsung certified repair shop
Highlighted
Comet

it may be certified to do repairs on Samsung phones through the certification process however that says nothing about the parts they choose to use and what country they choose to buy them from
Highlighted
Comet

I can be certified to repair Samsung phones but buy cheap fun working parts from China for cheap and then repair them in your phone 4 decent amount of money
Highlighted
Comet

you should always just send it to Samsung directly
Highlighted
Comet

in other words the shop might be certified but their part might not be you need to make sure that they are using genuine Samsung replacement parts