cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

NOTE 10 + CHARGING PROBLEMS

anyone having super fast chaging problems with note 10 +?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: NOTE 10 + CHARGING PROBLEMS

hi everyone,

so straight to the problem, my phone started rhis charging hiccup on DECEMBER 30, 2019 (about 2 weeks ago). my phone started making that sound when you unplug it then plug it in so you know its charging, it caught my attention so i plugged the phone port side out and in again. i also unplugged the charging brick ( official samsung 45w charger) but i noticed it only does that on one side of the usb c . I thought usb c is the same regardless which way you put it in so it makes no sense. i tried using different c to c cables that came with the official 25w charger, 45w charger, and another one that came wirh my free with my 10000 mAH official samsung wireless battery bank. all of these cables and bricks do the same thing, so i thought to myself this could be a software issue and just wait it out and maybe it will go away. a few days later i got the nee update for android 10/samsung one ui 2.0 (im on tmobile USA) and updated it hoping it would fix the problem. Sadly the update made the peoblem worst, it made all my 3rd party products cable charge only, this also includes samsungs wireless portable batteey bank, and the 45w/25w chargers( why would samsungs own update stop fast charging on their own equipment?) sometimes i would plug it in (ONLY ONE SIDE OF USB C and it will actually fast charge (with the new update i believe it has been renamed super fast charging) but thats only happened twice since this problem happened. i paid $1200+ for this device it s only 4 months old, this is becoming ridiculous. others on this trend are also saying something about temperatures too low to charge on their note 10's. I have a huge feeling there something more than a faulty usb c port or wiping the cache deal going on in here. similarly if ny of you guys also own a note 9 ( i own the tmobile ocean blue 512 gb/8 RAM model) had a no fast charge problem last year as well but went away. i dont know if you guys recall having that water detection thing go off on your note 9 even though it was never exposed to water? i been a samsung user since the note 3 series, and owned the galaxy nexus, note 4, s7 edge, note 7. i havent experienced such issue until thr note 9 and 10 plus. so as a temporary solution im using my official samsung fast wireless charging pad ( 18 watt one).

below are all the things of done to try and resolve the problem but failed:

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also experiencing this since the last update. Has anyone found a fix? It is very frustrating. I have a Note 10+ 5G

Highlighted
Asteroid

failed:

1. wipe partition cache

2. safe mode ( does same thing)

3 clear cache and reset data for usb c settings in system applications.

4. used different bricks the 2 samsung 25 w ones and 45 w with the 3 usb c to c stock cables it came with ( tried different combinations)

5. rebooted the phone several times

6. updated the phone recently again( didmt do anything)

7. called the samsung member via samsung members app and did all the above again and requested to being it to a local samsung repair center.

8. updated all my samsung apps and google apps

9.check to see the usb c port has any debree or lint (dont see anything dirty while using a light to see)

Highlighted
Asteroid

please reply or post below if you are experiencing thr same problem, i do plan to visit a ibreakufixit repair center soon

Highlighted
Constellation

I ecounter the same problem last week... I wonder if u already fixed your phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

Note10 Lite too but I can reboot to fix it.
see this video for detail it look charging service hang randomly.
https://youtu.be/A2Ph9xa5dUw

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes ever since I updated my phone about a week ago my phone no longer fast charges 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am starting to see this problem with my Note 10 plus as well.

I am trying to search for a solution and found your post here.

Any luck with this issue being resolved yet?

Highlighted
Constellation

I also am having charging issues where it will either suddenly stop charging or will stop fast charging. Although when I flip the USB c it has no problems whatsoever?  Whats the fix?