cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Need a special ringer mode to get calls we want.

I'm a first responder, (EMT) and now more than ever,  I really need a way to allow certain people or groups of people to contact me. 

I've missed 2 calls from my supervisor today already (different instances) because I have to keep my phone on silent or it will ring off the hook with various other calls, messages and notifications. 

This is a huge problem for me. I know others want this feature too. The "add favorite" contact trick isn't sufficient.  I need to get the call the first time.  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Need a special ringer mode to get calls we want.

Have you tried using Do Not Disturb Mode? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077281/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

There are favorites I don't want to be able to ring me and then whole groups that aren't favorites that I want to be able to ring me. 

I want to be able to have preset options and set my phone to "Work mode" and then it will only accept calls from my preset groups or contacts. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hi @DragonClaw 

If you use the Do Not Disturb mode and allow calls from favorites or all contacts, you will get those on the first call, but all others will be silenced. You can do the same with messages.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1