cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9PihWvzVHI
Astronaut

Re: Note10+ Android auto not working

Note 10+ and Android Auto just not compatible at this time.

I hope either Samsung or AA get together and solve this problem.  New car and old S7 edge worked perfectly.

$1100.00 is a lot to pay for a product that doesn't work with AA

Com'on Samsung or AA get it together!!

churritin01
Asteroid

Same issues here with my new nissan sentra 2019, works great with my S10 plus, but not with the note 10 plus, looks like is something wrelated to the Dex, usb is switching to transfer files

Jadehawk
Constellation

Any luck? I got my Note10+ this week. So far it's working on.

• I have AA version 4.6.593334-release
  • Kenwood DDX9905S with FW "S_V1_6_0009_1800" (4/24/2019)
  • Google Play Services (Beta)
  • Enable "Developer Mode" on the "AA" Application
  • Enable "Wireless Projection" on AA Settings (after activating Developer Mode)

Wireless AA is actually working for the first time and it's holding connection for at least 30 minutes, I haven't had the chance to test it longer yet, previusly when connecting via USB I would get disconnected within 8-10 minutes and had to disconnect/reconnect usb cable.

I hope it keeps working from now on.

Found this article on how to enable "Developer Mode for the AA Application Here: [ https://www.xda-developers.com/wireless-android-auto-any-android-phone/ ]

Noah_k_80
Asteroid

Switched from Note 8 to Note 10+, running a pioneer avh-2330nex deck, requires usb for AA, havent had a single issue.  Works same as always.   I do get a notification about DEX in status bar, but it just saying to try it ,or something to that effect.   But everything works perfectly 

rootninjajd
Astronaut

I have a Note 10+ and had the same issue. What worked for me was changing the USB mode. Connect to the headunit. Pull down the notification shade on the phone, tap on the item that says Connected to USB accessory to expand and then again to enter the USB settings screen. I selected "USB Controlled by - This Phone" and "Use USB for - Transferring files".  After doing that, Andriod Auto connected and has worked fine ever since. Good luck!

Highlighted
TechyGeek
Asteroid

Android Auto Audio Not Working

I am unable to hear audio when connected my Note 10 Plus to my 2017 Chevy Volt.

Issue: When I connect the phone to my infotainment system via a Samsung USB cable, I do not get any audio from Android Auto on the display. The car system changes over to the Android Auto display just find and, visually works perfectly. However I do not hear anything coming from the system. No music from the music apps. Google Assitant voice commands are not audible. The indicator for GA works as you'd expect so it's definitely functioning.

Temporary Fix: After I reboot the phone, I get audio from that session. Music. Assistant commands and voice work fine. After I disconnect from the car and come back to it later, though, it's no longer working. I have to reboot the phone again to get audio.

Attempted fixes: Removed bluetooth device pairing. Cleared all history of devices from the Settings-> Android Auto -> Manage Devices setting on the car. Uninstalled and reinstalled Android Auto from the phone. Disabled battery optimization for AA on the phone. Disabled the Dex for PC app in battery settings.

The only thing I haven't attempted yet was clearing the device cache during bootup. I'll do that now just to see if that has an impact. I anticipate it to work fine though the first time so it could be a bit before I fully test a 'real life' scenario.

I don't think it's an issue with the cable as the Note 9 I had before, and the Note 9 my husband uses right now, work just fine every single time. I've also posted in the Google Android Auto forums but wanted to bring it here too.

Not sure what else to try or do. It may be a 'driver' issue Samsung needs to address too, who knows.

TechyGeek
Asteroid

Re: Android Auto Audio Not Working

Now a reboot of the device doesn't even work after the update I got today to AA. At first I was wondering if it was a "driver" problem but now I'm thinking it's AA itself.