cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCVRPATsN2H
Constellation

New Note 10 Is Old? and a Terrible Customer Experience

I reserved my Note 10+ on July 26 for the $50 reserve credit. On August 7, I watched the Unpacked livestream and pre-ordered for the $600 trade-in and $150 plus reserve bonus.  After that, it was all downhill...

I could not get an Aura Glow Note 10+ within 72 hours of the phone going on sale, so I lost the first $50.  I ordered the Note 10+ Aura Glow and selected Galaxy Buds and the 10,000 mAh Portable Battery as my accessories on August 12, since it was the first day the Aura Glow appeared as an available option for me.  To my dismay, the expected delivery was September 4, but no worries since they have always shipped my phones early.

On August 19, the portable battery shipped with no issues.  On August 29, I drove a half hour to the FedEx facility to pick up my "new" phone and Galaxy Buds (I missed the delivery man).  The shipping package is in pristine condition with no re-tape and has original shipping information like all my previous samsung deliveries.

I open the box and the seal on phone box was removed with dirt and finger prints.  The phone looks new but upon examination the protective film has been put back on and there are scratches and finger prints.  It is also missing the white serial number sticker that has been on my two previous Note devices (Note 8 and Note 9).

I call the customer care line, get the call back where they tell me my only option is to cancel the order and ship it back, but I can't ship it back because according to Samsung it has not been delivered!  I wait for 4 days to get a delivery confirmation, and return the phone. On September 5, I get my notice that the phone has been returned.  I contact customer care chat and they tell me that I can reorder the phone, pay for the accessories and they will issue a refund, which sounds fishy to me.  I then realize that my initial purchase was charged to my finance account, and after another chat, find that it takes 5 days to process a refund.  They also insist that if I order the phone again, I will get the promo codes after the return period is over.  Still sounds fishy to me (I will give you money after the deadline to return your phone).

So I've basically given up on Samsung.  How do you lose a customer who has previously paid you thousands of dollars, and was willing to pay you more? After two Note devices, two TV's, Home Theater systems, Blue Ray players, and many, many, many phone cases and accesories, I can't do business with you.

In the meantime, my phone has lost about $80-$100 in trade-in value elsewhere, and I have to get used to a notch on an inferior screen. 

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: New Note 10 Is Old? and a Terrible Customer Experience

@userCVRPATsN2H wrote:

I reserved my Note 10+ on July 26 for the $50 reserve credit. On August 7, I watched the Unpacked livestream and pre-ordered for the $600 trade-in and $150 plus reserve bonus.  After that, it was all downhill...

I could not get an Aura Glow Note 10+ within 72 hours of the phone going on sale, so I lost the first $50.  I ordered the Note 10+ Aura Glow and selected Galaxy Buds and the 10,000 mAh Portable Battery as my accessories on August 12, since it was the first day the Aura Glow appeared as an available option for me.  To my dismay, the expected delivery was September 4, but no worries since they have always shipped my phones early.

On August 19, the portable battery shipped with no issues.  On August 29, I drove a half hour to the FedEx facility to pick up my "new" phone and Galaxy Buds (I missed the delivery man).  The shipping package is in pristine condition with no re-tape and has original shipping information like all my previous samsung deliveries.

I open the box and the seal on phone box was removed with dirt and finger prints.  The phone looks new but upon examination the protective film has been put back on and there are scratches and finger prints.  It is also missing the white serial number sticker that has been on my two previous Note devices (Note 8 and Note 9).

I call the customer care line, get the call back where they tell me my only option is to cancel the order and ship it back, but I can't ship it back because according to Samsung it has not been delivered!  I wait for 4 days to get a delivery confirmation, and return the phone. On September 5, I get my notice that the phone has been returned.  I contact customer care chat and they tell me that I can reorder the phone, pay for the accessories and they will issue a refund, which sounds fishy to me.  I then realize that my initial purchase was charged to my finance account, and after another chat, find that it takes 5 days to process a refund.  They also insist that if I order the phone again, I will get the promo codes after the return period is over.  Still sounds fishy to me (I will give you money after the deadline to return your phone).

So I've basically given up on Samsung.  How do you lose a customer who has previously paid you thousands of dollars, and was willing to pay you more? After two Note devices, two TV's, Home Theater systems, Blue Ray players, and many, many, many phone cases and accesories, I can't do business with you.

In the meantime, my phone has lost about $80-$100 in trade-in value elsewhere, and I have to get used to a notch on an inferior screen. 

As for the sticker, there are no stickers on the back - at least you can be certain about this.  Usually cancelling pre-order, then buying again is a real hassle because it will take may calls, chats, email to get the promo code after it expires.