cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

New Note10+ Having all kinds of trouble

My new Note10+ is driving me crazy. I just graduated from a Note5 which I found to be a piece of cake. This 10 is like nuts.

OK, on the 5 I built several custom wallpapers with photoshop and downloaded them and used them. I have found that IMPOSSIBLE on the 10!! So that's the 1st item to ask the community. How do I get the 10 to use one of my own images as a wallpaper??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: New Note10+ Having all kinds of trouble

If your custom images are transferred from your Note 5 to your Note 10 you can absolutely use them as your wallpaper. Just make sure you copy them over to your Note 10

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't mean to offend anyone, but that kind of answer ("copy them over") is useless to me. On the Note5, I created several ringtones, for example, and added them to the built-in ringtones so I could use them. As I've said that was easy on the Note5. On the Note10, I cannot for the life of me find ANY ringtones, standard, built-in, or customized. When I want to choose a ringtone for a family member, I am ONLY allowed to select one of the built-in ringtones. I have searched the files of the Note10 and cannot locate where any of these ringtones are stored. THAT is my problem; it's like the Note10 developers wanted to hide them from us intentionally. BTW, I use FX as my file manager; if anyone knows one that works better with Note10, I'll gladly try it. Even if I have to pay for it (which I did with FX).

Highlighted
Asteroid

Those days are gone when androids used to be highly customizable. Save your wallpapers in your phone Gallery. Then Go to settings -> Scroll to and Select Wallpaper -> Select Gallery. From there, You can apply any photo in your gallery as a wallpaper. So, make sure your wallpaper is visible in your gallery before you try to apply it. Or you can directly open your gallery from apps screen and then locate your wallpaper photo, open it, then tap on 3 dots on top right corner, options will pop up, one of them says "Set as Wallpaper". For ringtones, Go to settings -> select Sound and Vibrations -> tap on "Ringtone" -> all of defaul ringtones will apear -> Tap on plus sign on top right corner -> it will display all the audios in your phone storage -> select the audio you want to add to the list of default ringtones. Thats it. Now you can apply it as your ringtone. For setting a specific ringtone for a special contact, go to contacts -> tap the contact -> select third icon with "i" in it -> tap "Edit" -> at bottom tap on "view more" -> scroll down -> there it will show you the ringtone option for the contact which will be set to default. You can tap on that and select a ringtone from the list which already has your customized ringtone as well. Select your ringtone, save the contact. You are done! Enjoy