Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ThePharmacist
Asteroid

New Unlocked Note 10+ with back scratches

Hope everyone is having a good week,

I just received my unlocked Note 10+ and it has scratches on the back and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it (yet).

Typically when I have received a carrier phone from Samsung it ships with a white sticker on the back that contains the model number, serial number, and IMEI number.  However, this phone didn't come with the white sticker.  Why is this important?  Because there was a cutout in the protective film on the back of the device for the white sticker , but because the sticker wasn't there it appears to have gotten scratched in transit.

I'm a little bummed because I actually bought the unlocked version of the phone to get a specific color and now my 1k+ device is scratched as soon as I opened it.

Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Teawn
Asteroid

Take pictures of the phone and contact Samsung

Take pictures of the phone and contact Samsung

userCl33u1XUIz
Constellation

Take a picture and demand an exchange or refund

Take a picture and demand an exchange or refund

ThePharmacist
Asteroid

I've tried a few different pics but they don't turn out w...

I've tried a few different pics but they don't turn out well...at least in the sense that scratches don't seem to show up well on pics with a reflective back.

Has anyone had luck getting scratches off the back of phones with similar surfaces?

I'm within my return window so should I just send it back? Other thoughts?

userdaCN94WTVd
Constellation

Re: New Unlocked Note 10+ with back scratches

Take photos and, if you can, try not to open, peel or power on anything. Leave it as is & demand an exchange.

I also recieved my Note 10+ plus today and found the top right of the screen protector already deeply scratched. (The box's plastic wrap & sticker were in perfect condition though, strange).

I've taken photos, checked for further damage & placed it back in the box without peeling anything or even powering it on.

Tomorrow I will take it to the nearest Samsung store to demand an exhange.

I paid $1599 for brand new, nothing less.

vicm96
Halo

I also have the same issue with my Note 10 Plus Unlock, but my are small sctaches, you have to turn the phone under light to see them or when there are reflections. I am pretty disappointed. Still thinking about return it for exchange.

userLlP9UPvHg3
Constellation

What did you decide to do? I have just now unboxed my Note 10 +, only to find a very very small fracture on front screen edge, left side, about 1-1/8" up from bottom. It is just bad enough to upset me about the $$$, yet I worry that there will be a long delay in receiving a replacement device. And I might lose the early bird gift card... Geezsh

ThePharmacist
Asteroid

@userLlP9UPvHg3 wrote:

What did you decide to do? I have just now unboxed my Note 10 +, only to find a very very small fracture on front screen edge, left side, about 1-1/8" up from bottom. It is just bad enough to upset me about the $$$, yet I worry that there will be a long delay in receiving a replacement device. And I might lose the early bird gift card... Geezsh

To be honest, I haven't decided yet 

I'm really dissapointed because it's an expensive device that should be sent and received in new / mint condition. 

My Note 9 is still in prestine condition partially because I have never taken the screen protectors off.  It seems like a shame to upgrade to a new and more expensive device, but yet have it feel like a physical downgrade.

However on the flip side, I share your concerns about the delay in receiving a replacement device + who is to say the replacement won't be in worse condition?  It seems like Samsung may have at least a small issue with product packaging.  I also decided to do a trade-in and I can pretty much guarantee that will be hosed because Samsung had several issues with just basic trade last time.

* Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.  Seriously considering just sending back my device and all the accessories I've purchased. *

userx0JuNkQD2w
Constellation

Interesting because I got mine from TMobile the guy in the store set up for me even put the Samsung flip case on it and a screen protector and I went to clean the phone today and notice a bunch of scratches on the back side as well on the left side I'm extremely bummed about just like you are I tried calling TMobile but they said all they can do is file a claim but I would have to pay a deductible which I think it's crazy for something I didn't do