cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Firef7124
Asteroid

Re: New note 10+ issue

@Charkatak I wish the Samsung site would let me upload a screenshot of a website that just loaded on its own but it won't. Safe mode proved that it isn't happening during safe mode so that means one of my apps has to be doing it but I don't know which one it is, the website that loaded again asked if I wanted to allow the website to allow notifications like a notification pop-up came up and of course I always block them I don't allow them. So now it's trying to hunt and find which app is doing it and it's going to be difficult considering none of my antivirus, malware bytes or anything find anything wrong with my apps so I really don't want to do a factory reset and have to start from scratch I would much rather just get rid of an app here in there and see if I can figure out what's causing it

@userCpioOhWTr5 there isn't any kind of symbol or banner as you stated on the random website that loads in the browser, so I just have to hunt for a app I guess 

Honored Contributor

@Firef7124 I couldn't reply to your latest post, as this website is bahaving badly Smiley Happy

Make a list of your apps, then create a category for legit apps which were created by rebutable/big name company.

Look at apps that may have a small banner Ads and put them in a different category as well.  From that list of apps with ads, look for them in Play Store and read few review of less than 2 stars...possibly users would mention your issue too...  I think you get the point.

userCpioOhWTr5
Constellation

Ok, then try looking carefully at the ad, it should have a little ¡ in a circle or a banner that says ad choices or something like that and try to search for the app that's showing the ads. The app that was showing ads for me is called computer launcher for win 10 desktop. Try deleting new added apps one by one also and see if the ads stop if they don't then download the app again and delete another one.

Firef7124
Asteroid

I just booted my phone in to safe mode most of the downloaded apps are grayed out and can't be used, see if this helps me figure it out 

Piklrick
Asteroid

I had the same issue ,boot into safe mode and go to your apps in the setting menu and look for any suspicious apps I found a gray app with no name at the bottom of the list , delete it and then restart your phone. And it should fix the issue

Highlighted
Firef7124
Asteroid

I think I finally fixed it. I haven't had a random website load for quite a while. I got the phone in Safe mode, it didn't happen in there so that told me to go through my apps. I ended up getting rid of about 22 apps I haven't used on a normal basis and since doing that, it's not happening anymore. I also found a app named your phone companion that I simply cannot get rid of, no uninstall option or anything, disable option is greyed out, so I practically disabled it in every way possible. Never found any unknown no name app like others have found.

Appreciate everyone's time and effort in helping with this!