cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Firef7124
Asteroid

New note 10+ issue

I just got the new note 10+ and have an issue no one can seem to help with. 

I had a note 9, everything transferred with smart switch. I applied the security patch from Sept 1st to the new note 10+, and an issue arises. 

For some reason, whether I'm using the phone or not, a random website will randomly open in a browser and I can't find what's doing it. I have antiviruses and nothing is found in any app or file. Malwarebytes finds nothing wrong. There are no unknown apps on the phone. I can't seem to find what's causing it. It does not appear to be malicious, just annoying. I have activated the developer mode and have taken a couple of system traces but can't read the files. I have also collected a couple bug reports. I've tried everything imaginable to stop it. Nothing has helped.

Samsung support had me clear the phones cache, didn't help. Browser settings are good. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem. 

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung_lSaJfMS
Constellation

Re: New note 10+ issue

I had the same issue with my note 9 right before I upgraded

Firef7124
Asteroid

My note 9 didn't have this issue. Nothing is different between my phones, all same apps and settings. Only the note 10+has the issue 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Boot in safe mode temporarily. Does it happen in safe mode?

If it does not happen in safe mode, it means that you have installed a 3rd party app that is causing this issue. You will need to remove the 3rd party apps until the issue is gone. 

Firef7124
Asteroid

I haven't tried this yet but I will. It'll be hard to hunt down the app causing it if it doesn't happen in safe mode 

userCpioOhWTr5
Constellation

It was happening to me too, it was actually an app that I have downloaded and was showing me adds even when I unlocked the phone there was the add, when the website shows up again try to see if you can go the root or where the add is coming from, I did a long press on the page and it gave me like an info bubble and I click on it and right there it said the app that was showing the adds. I uninstall the app and problem solved.

Firef7124
Asteroid

I'll have to try that next time it happens, cause I haven't figured it out yet, it's just odd that I have the same apps as my old phone and only having the problem on this new phone 

Firef7124
Asteroid

@userCpioOhWTr5  I tried the long press on the page that opened and it didn't show what app requested the page to open, it opened some random sports news-icu page, I'll have to keep looking... Only thing that does pop up on the page is permissions to allow notifications which I deny every time 

Honored Contributor

@Firef7124 wrote:

@userCpioOhWTr5  I tried the long press on the page that opened and it didn't show what app requested the page to open, it opened some random sports news-icu page, I'll have to keep looking... Only thing that does pop up on the page is permissions to allow notifications which I deny every time 

This is what I usually do when I get a new phone.  Assuming I have my old phone with me or have a backup in the cloud.

I skip through setup process except google account. Then when I am at the home screen, I check for update.  If update is found, I install it.  After that I reset the phone(factory reset).  Now when I setup the phone again, I go through setup properly signing to Samsung account as well.  

1)  You can back up your phone in settings

2) Reset your device

Setup and restore your data:

Try to setup the phone with restoring from backup and see if the issue is gone.

Setup without restoring:

If not, you could try to reset your phone, but this time don't restore. 

I suggest you to write down(take screenshots) the apps you have in the app drawer.

Call history and messages can be backed up using SMS Backup and restore from play store.

What are the main backup items that are important to you?

Firef7124
Asteroid

I liked that I didn't have to download anything when I transferred from My note 9 to my note 10+, everything that was on my old phone was now only my new phone. Nothing is different from either phone. All settings transferred. I would hate to have to factory reset and reset up everything from scratch, I do use a SMS backup when needed. I'll see what I can do