Original topic:

No Data/Internet over T-Mobile Cellular Note 10

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 11:57 AM)
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

I am on my 3rd SM-N976U phone now that cannot get data/internet over cellular on the T-Mobile network.  New 5g sim card installed at the T-Mo store, I have spent hours on the phone with T-Mo support, tried every setting imaginable, reset everything including the dreaded factory data reset.

Here is what I have discovered so far:

With the most recent (my 3rd) Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + 5G phone, the first thing I tested after taking the phone out of the box, putting my new 5G sim card in and turning on was to see if it was getting data/internet over the cellular connection and it was. Great, so I installed all my apps, cellular data still working, great. Next came the T-Mobile OTA software update Baseband N976USQS4CTK3 after which data/internet no longer worked over cellular.  Strangely enough the phone works perfectly in Mexico on the Telcel network, data works fine over cellular in Mexico.  According to the T-Mobile expert there have been numerous problems with the new 5G network and Samsung phones and they (T-Mobile and Samsung) have been working together on software fixes but as of today 01.27.21 my expensive Samsung phone will still not get data/internet over a cellular connection on the T-Mobile network.

My 4th Samsung replacement phone is being shipped today, when I get it I will try for as long as possible to prevent the T-Mobile OTA update from installing so that I may have a usable smart phone until Samsung and T-Mobile figure out how to fix their mess.

5 Replies
xxmartinezxx
Asteroid
Options
Note10
have u checked the tmoble coverage map.
0 Likes
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

I'm not sure of the relevance of the tmobile coverage map but I have no coverage problems here in LA, signal is strong including in the T-Mobile store where they changed my sim card as a last resort but still could not get data to work over cellular.  I have no problems on my S5, Note 8 or Note 9 with my new sim card or the old one before they changed it. 

0 Likes
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

It is now January 30th 2021 and I  am on Samsung Note 10 +5g phone number 4.

I loaded up the phone with all my previous settings and apps using the SmartSwitch app with my T-Mobile sim card inserted. The phone works perfectly, flawless data/internet over a T-Mobile cellular connection,  the problem is that the T-Mobile OTA update is trying to install on the phone. If I let it I know that I'll end up back at square one with a broken phone and no data over cellular on T-Mobile's network so I've postponed the update but it will only let me postpone for so long before it forces the update onto the phone. 

SAMSUNG, T-MOBILE please get your sh#t together before releasing the next OTA. 

N976USQS4CTK3 is no good

GET IT FIXED!

0 Likes
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

February 3rd 2021...

OTA update occurred and Samsung Note 10 +5g no longer functions.

I no longer have data/internet over a T-Mobile cellular connection.

Phone worked fine before update on baseband version N976USQS3BTF4 One UI 2.1 after updating to baseband version N976USQS4CTK3 One UI 2.5 phone no longer works.

T-Mobile says it is Samsung's fault I'm sure Samsung will say it is T-Mobile's fault.

What to do now?

0 Likes
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

February 4th 2021...

After talking with Samsung tech they determined the next step was to take the phone to a Ubreakifix location and have them flash the software.  In the meantime another OTA update arrived and I thought great this will hopefully fix it.  This latest update was N976UOYN4DUA3 Android 11 One UI version 3.0 and it did NOT fix the problem so I went to the Ubreakifix Samsung care center and they flashed the software.  This also did NOT fix the phone, still no internet or data over a cellular connection.  I called Samsung back and they sent me a shipping label to UPS the phone to Plano TX for them to take a look. Now I am without a phone entirely, rep from Samsung said it could be 2 weeks. Fortunately I still had an old S5 kicking around, stuck my sim card in it and it works perfectly, albeit slow.

STILL NO SOLUTION!

0 Likes