cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0p5CJ2Fiso
Asteroid

No Notification alerts on new note 10

I have the unlocked galaxy note 10+ and ever since receiving it I do not get text alerts and only sporadic alerts for other apps. I contacted customer support right after receiving my phone and they said they were working on an update. Well I received an update 2 days ago and nothing is better. Is anyone else having this problem?  I have changed every possible setting I can think of. I even turned on the annoying pop up alerts and they are also sporadic. 

6 REPLIES 6
Disk4mat
Halo

Re: No Notification alerts on new note 10

In the past when I had trouble getting notifications most of the time it turned out to be a power saving option that put apps to sleep. Or along the same lines, "medium power saving" mode also will disable some apps background data activity leading to no notifications. You can customize medium power saving and de-select Restrict background data.

The reason it could be sproradic is because when you open an app its no longer sleeping and for a time notifications will come through.

Settings > Device Care > Battery icon lower left > Menu top right for Settings > Sleeping Apps... Remove the apps you arent getting notifications from. Tap the trashcan icon and select apps to remove.

Next back your way out all the way to the main settings screen. Tap the search icon and start entering the following text optimize

You are looking for "optimize battery usage" when it appears, tap on it.

Now you'll be in the special access screen. Optimize battery usage should be at the top. Go ahead and tap on it. You'll see a line towards the top that says "apps not optimized"... Tap on that and selct "All"... Now locate the apps you arent getting notifications for and turn off.  If the app shows a blue button on the right then it is on and being optimized to conserve power. Tap it to turn off optimization.

Back out of settings and now open the apps you arent getting notifications from. I have had to do this to fix notifications from apps such as: Visual VM, CNN, Pinterest and any app that works in the background and sends notifications. Hopefully this helps with your problem.

Screenshot_20190926-163016_Settings.jpg

"Battery optimization helps conserve battery power on your device and is turned on by default. ... Devices running Android 6.x and higher include battery optimization features which improve battery life by placing apps in Doze mode or App Standby."

user0p5CJ2Fiso
Asteroid

Thank you for the suggestions. I went through them and I already had everything set up correctly.  This is very frustrating! 

Honored Contributor

@user0p5CJ2Fiso wrote:

I have the unlocked galaxy note 10+ and ever since receiving it I do not get text alerts and only sporadic alerts for other apps. I contacted customer support right after receiving my phone and they said they were working on an update. Well I received an update 2 days ago and nothing is better. Is anyone else having this problem?  I have changed every possible setting I can think of. I even turned on the annoying pop up alerts and they are also sporadic. 

I don't want to interfere with what @Disk4mat is recommending...try that first.

Which text messages are you mentioning and in which apps? 

user0p5CJ2Fiso
Asteroid

I tried what @Disk4mat recommended and everything was already set in a way that I should receive notifications. I am not receiving missed calls, texts through the regular messages app, banking app alerts, or gmail. Those are the only notifications I really care about. The list of notifications I do receive are weather, samsung health, and spotify. I think there are some other random ones I don't care about too. I definitely dont get game alerts.... not that I want them but I have all alerts turned on so I should get them regardless. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user0p5CJ2Fiso Are you using a third-party launcher? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Highlighted
user0p5CJ2Fiso
Asteroid

*UPDATE*

as a last ditch effort I went through all of the apps installed on my phone. I found an app called security center that must have come pre installed. It had a feature where it would automatically hide notifications. I looked through the Google app market and the samsung app market no such app exists so I deleted it.... now I'm getting all my notifications again!