cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

No edge panel option

My edge screen disappeared but when it wanted to activate it in settings, display, edge screen, the on off toggle has completely disappeared. I have looked everywhere but all I find is instruction on how to activate it. Any help appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No edge panel option

When you go to settings > display > edge screen, can you please send me a picture of the options you have available?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have Edge Lighting with toggle and About edge lighting below thatScreenshot_20200729-112027_Edge screen.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Try going to Settings:

1. Click on Apps
  2. Ensure that the drop down menu has "Enabled" selected
  3. Search for Edge
  4. You should at least these 2 items:
    1. Edge screen
    2. Edge Touch

If you don't see those, switch the drop down menu to "Disabled". If either is in the disabled list, click on it and then click "Turn on" at the bottom of the screen. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have both but still no options like before

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userTkLZX2Cs3d wrote:

I have both but still no options like before

The next step is to delete the device cache partition. This will not delete any apps or user data. 

To do that:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.