cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZtmMmgLPzH
Constellation

No option for video calling, unlocked note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked Note 10+ I bought through Samsung. Whenever I make a audio call there is no video call option. No settings for it anywhere. I have crickett as my provider could that be why?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: No option for video calling, unlocked note 10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Video calling is a feature routed thru the carrier, rather than Samsung. The carrier and branded variants don't run the same firmware bit for bit, and certain features are whitelisted at the IMEI level. That means the string supercedes fw on the device. 

Cricket/ATT allows their own devices to use VC with each other. Why is unclear, though that might be a question for Mr. Stephenson's team instead of me, haha. In any event, Samsung cannot force the availability of carrier features like RCS, video chat, etc. 

Aside from getting an ATT model you could try speaking to a rep from Cricket. Sometimes resolution is sought by reaching the right rung on a ladder. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Video calling is a feature routed thru the carrier, rather than Samsung. The carrier and branded variants don't run the same firmware bit for bit, and certain features are whitelisted at the IMEI level. That means the string supercedes fw on the device. 

Cricket/ATT allows their own devices to use VC with each other. Why is unclear, though that might be a question for Mr. Stephenson's team instead of me, haha. In any event, Samsung cannot force the availability of carrier features like RCS, video chat, etc. 

Aside from getting an ATT model you could try speaking to a rep from Cricket. Sometimes resolution is sought by reaching the right rung on a ladder. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

userZtmMmgLPzH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, everything was starting to point to talking with Crickett. I'll see what they say thanks again!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZtmMmgLPzH wrote:

I have an unlocked Note 10+ I bought through Samsung. Whenever I make a audio call there is no video call option. No settings for it anywhere. I have crickett as my provider could that be why?

This is with pretty much any carrier.  If you rely on these features, carrier branded phones would give you the best of both worlds.  Example: If I buy an unlocked Note10(which I do have) and use it on T-Mobile, here are the things that will be missing on the phone(feature wise):

1) Video call

2) Advanced Messaging(similar to RCS)

3) 4G LTE(which I like better) instead of just LTE in the status bar

4) I would say better support/compatibility for T-Mobile network and their bands: 12, 66 and 71

userQFSlQ0QCMb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no option for it at this point as samsung has to put a software update for the carrier to activate it for you...absolute bull.