cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vido
Galaxy

No power button on the Note 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just watched the reviews of the note 10 and figured that there's no power button on it and you'll have to tap the screen to turn it off. So what happens when you need a hard reset?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

There is no extra Bixby Button but there is Power Button...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no extra Bixby Button but there is Power Button in the Note 10. Power button works the same but Now Bixby can be enabled by long pressing the power button. You can modify it as you could in other devices but you cannot disable it.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

I would assume that it's a combination of the bottom volu...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would assume that it's a combination of the bottom volume rocker and the power/Bixby key.

Vido
Galaxy

There's no power key bro

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's no power key bro

Comet

There is no extra Bixby Button but there is Power Button...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no extra Bixby Button but there is Power Button in the Note 10. Power button works the same but Now Bixby can be enabled by long pressing the power button. You can modify it as you could in other devices but you cannot disable it.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Annamarie0408
Asteroid

Re: No power button on the Note 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The power button is on the left now under the volume buttons 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Vido 

Hi There.

As some have already mentioned, the power button is now on the left side of the phone, BUT it also has an option to be a Bixby key if you desire.

1) New Functionality of the "Power button":

- Pressing it once will still lock/wakeup the screen

- Press and hold will initiate Bixby

- To conduct a restart or power off the phone, those options are now located in the pulldown notification menu next to the "Settings" button. Pushing the power button in that menu will then present you with the traditional options you're use to seeing.

Hope this helps provide some clarity.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Comet

You can go into settings and change for single or double...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can go into settings and change for single or double tap on the power button to open Bixby or any app. You can also set it to simply be your power on off button.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: You can go into settings and change for single or double...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is correct. The function exists in Settings > Advanced Features > "side key"

From there you can select your options.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Vido, I hope you are doing well.

As my friend @ChazzyJ has pointed out, the bottom button on the left side of the phone indeed is the Power/Bixby button and is remappable to perform regular power button settings. I can assure you, we have much experience with this device on a personal level and Chazzy J is correct.

I hope this helps assure you of your questions. Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Vido
Galaxy

It still doesn't matter, why move the button to the left?...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It still doesn't matter, why move the button to the left? I'm staying off these phones for a while. I'm good with my s10 plus