cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genosis8703
Asteroid

No text message notification sounds

I just recently purchased a note 10+ and the phone has stopped playing notification sounds for text messages. If i assign a special sound to an individual person i will receive a notification. Other than that i get nothing. I also still get a vibration when i receive a text. I have gone through the settings and made sure that the notifications were activated on the settings. Everything seem like it is supposed to be. I even eliminated any Bluetooth devices just in case .

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No text message notification sounds

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

userlW4sjQ43M6
Constellation

I am having the same issue 

userE3fI7bLJM8
Constellation

I've been having the same issue. I have checked to ensure that the text message setting has a sound, it's turned up, the dnd isn't an issue, the bluetooth isn't interfering, etc. Still, only when the "sound & vibrate" is turned on do I get notified.

It turns out, every contact text message that I carried over when I transferred my phone data was set to silent. Even if the contact has "default" sound selected under the actual contact, the text message contacts were all set to silent. Each and every one. Silent it the default in General settings.

You have to select sound from the settings in text messages under "Notifications" & "New Messages."

Highlighted
Samsung_4co3rZ6
Astronaut

Same issue is there a way I can opt for no sound for notifications?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can turn off notification sounds in Settings> Sounds. You can also use the following article to manage notifications.

Control App Notifications on Your Phone

user6Bd56loxh6
Astronaut

I've been experiencing this for more than a week now.

But just now, I've already figured it out how to solve it. Hope this works for you too.

Go to Settings> Sounds and vibration> Volume> Notifications

I've found that the Notifications here has been turned off