how do I go back to android 9 after the stable release of 10? so embarrassed after taking look at android 10 in one UI 2.0 like it but my theme doesn’t work on android 10 can't apply theme.
Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.
If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 2.0 w/ Android 10! I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together. With the One UI/Android 10 beta coming around the corner, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 2.0 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?
The contents of this post serve as and provide valuable information for users looking to participate in the beta. This post will be frequently updated as new information emerges.
The official notice can be viewed here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/One-UI-2-Beta-with-Android-10-Coming-Soon-to-Note-10/td-p...
------- ☆ ------- Beta Information
Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:
- The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
- The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs.
- Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
- Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.
Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?
- Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+ users
- Unlocked users
- Carrier branded devices such as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Etc... are NOT supported.
Current Beta versions:
- ZSL5 (Beta 3 - Final Beta Build)
Older Beta versions:
- ZSKH (Beta 2)
- ZSK3 (Beta 1)
- Apps the rely on Safety Net will not be supported via Google Play Store. (Example: Netflix & Disney+)
- Photos in Gallery syncing with OneDrive does not work.
- After the OS update, the blackening screen occurs for 30 - 40 seconds and it
is reset. There is no problem using the terminal after reset.
----------------------- How to register:
- Open the Samsung Members app
- Press the Register button on the One UI beta banner
- Press the register button
- Wait a few minutes then go to the Software update page and check for updates
*Having troule registering? Try this: Fix registration loop
Picture reference available in spoiler below:
----------------------- Feedback/Suggestions/Bug Reports
How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?
- Open your app drawer and open the One UI Beta app (pictured above)
- FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
- FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
----------------------- How do I un-register and leave the beta?
Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.
*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE
To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:
- Open the One UI Beta app
- Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
- Press the "One UI Beta Program" button
- Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
- Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.
To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)
- Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
- Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
- Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
- Under your device details, you should see a download button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click download and follow the prompts.
Let's go! Who's hyped!!!
I don't like the update:
To activate split screen it has become more complicated.
To close all recent apps has become more complicated.
GoodLock no longer works
To close recent web pages has become more complicated.
Where is the close all button?
Everything I loved about android is becoming useless. I'm so disappointed.
When it does get offered is it that much of a difference?
One UI will be updated as well as Android 10 OS. Don't know all the features but search for One UI 2.0 and/or Android 10
This would be a major update and likely devices will start getting the official version end of year or Q1 2020