cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UCONNCASS
Asteroid

Note 10/10+ leaves a lot to be desired

I excitedly purchased the Note 10+, trading in my Note 9.  Received the phone and took all the time to set it up with my apps, my backgrounds, pictures, fonts...you name it.  Spent 52.00 on a screen protector and had it put on phone at Verizon store.  I was all set to go.  Got in my 2018 Mazda CX5 GT to go on a trip and guess what?????  The phone would not in any way, shape or form connect with Android Auto.  After I got back home I went on all the blogs, did all the different things that people said to try and this thing STILL would not connect.  Every time I inserted the USB the thing would jump back and forth between showing me the charging icon and telling me that I needed to put the car in park (DAH it WAS in park) in order to connect to AA.  I got so disgusted after fooling with this 1000.00 phone after 2 hours I took it in, wiped it and returned it.  

Come on Samsung get with the program.  If this is a DEK problem...fix it.  Whatever it is FIX IT before you start selling these things.  You HAVE to know that the majority of people out there today that are going to buy this phone use it for not only call but productivity!  How the heck could you overlook it's ability to connect to Android/Google Auto??????

20 REPLIES 20
userfHOmIIBcm3
Asteroid

Re: Note 10/10+ leaves a lot to be desired

Wait.... you returned the phone because you couldn't get android auto to work? Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

UCONNCASS
Asteroid

That is correct.  I am not about to pay that amount of money for a phone that does not work to full capacity.  When the issues are fixed then I will revisit the idea.  Why would you buy something that does not do all the you need it to do? 

Graywolfman
Asteroid

Most problems like this are the stereo. I have had issues with a Subaru stereo that were similar, I reset the stereo, and it worked fine after that. Samsung didn't make Android Auto, AA is a Google product.

UCONNCASS
Asteroid

The stereo?  This is the stereo system that came with the car.  My Note 9 works flawlessly with it.  This is a phone system issue I believe 

Samsung_YCnsoYN
Astronaut

That was very stupid of you. Literally go back to the store and ask or do anything else then that

UCONNCASS
Asteroid

STUPID of me?  Well for your uninformed, stupid reply... I did go back to the store and they could not get it to work either.  

userfHOmIIBcm3
Asteroid

Should change the title to, "... leaves ONE thing to be desired."

Samsung_TGXz3hw
Astronaut

I haven't had any issues with Android Auto and I have the Note 10 plus...connects and works better than CarPlay

UCONNCASS
Asteroid

Well then you are a lucky one.  I am happy for you.