cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after sea..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happens on my Note 9 also. Just Chrome. No other browser. Mine does freeze up with or without using SPen.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after sea..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated your device recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Larry,

I keep all of my apps up to date, and verified that everything was up to date last night. I also checked for an update to my phone, but I seem to be on the latest version as no updates are available when I check.

I am on kernel version 4.14.117-17392761.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?

Press and hold the Power button until the Power off menu appears then release.

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.

To confirm, tap Safe mode.

The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.

Upon reboot, “Safe mode” should appear in the lower-left of the home screen.

Check for the problem.

If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exakt same problem as the thread starter (galaxy note 10). If I engage chrome with the s-pen it will freeze and crash at the first touch every time. The problem do remain even in safe mode as adviced above. My girlfriend have the same issue with hers brand new galaxy note 10.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to the developer. This may be an issue with the app itself.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Larry,

Just to confirm, for the issue that several users are experiencing exclusively on the same hardware, your suggestion is to go to Google for resolution?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this is only occurring in chrome, you will need to speak with the chrome app developers as it is the app developer's responsibility to update apps to work properly with the hardware. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been experiencing this exact problem (and seeing others mention it) since back in the later Note 5 days, and it has continued for me personally on both the 8 and my new 10+. Both Samsung and Google say to reach out to the other one, and nothing ever gets resolved. I have found an irritating - but effective - workaround over the past few years: whenever a page loads, scroll briefly with your finger, then the S Pen generally will work without Chrome freezing up. As all the standard apps on Android use a certain of Chrome baked-into them, you'll have to get used to doing this all the time, but it at least works. As we're now 4 generations passed when I first reported noticing the problem, I have little confidence it will ever get resolved properly.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well that's disappointing to hear this problem has been around for many versions of the Note.  I finally "upgraded" to the Note series with the 10+.  Like everyone else here, Chrome crashes each and everytime I try to use my s-pen.  This is the only app that doesn't like the s-pen.  The funny thing is this just started happening within the last 2 to 3 weeks.  Now I'm left debating whether to return this phone to Costco and going back to the "lesser" but functional S10+.