cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after sea..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm a software developer (not mobile sector) and I can personally say absolutely not. It is not the app developers duty to ensure compatibility with and resist crashes from niche hardware like the S Pen and all of its complexities. Rather,  Samsung should ensure it is stable to interact with common software. Chrome is one of the most used apps of all time at 5B downloads.

Lol here's the very first review I see when pulling up Chrome on the app store: https://ibb.co/sRJ6Pj9

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after sea..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Goto Settings for s-pen. Then select Air Actions and disable air actions for Chrome. 

Since doing this, I've not had one lock up. Hope this helps everyone!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. I have the same problem on my brand new s6 tablet.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is really not a very good answer. Chrome is perhaps the biggest app on Android, in fact it is Android in many ways. So, if Samsung sells a device with a very niche feature like the s-pen, then it's up to Samsung to take the lead on making sure their bit of kit plays nicely with the OS. If you're going to make sauce, it had better taste good on the burger! It's a persistent problem, lots of people complain about it, and like me, they've all shelled out £$€¥00s for this phone to Samsung, not to Google. Washing your hands of it with a smirk is not very impressive, it just says you can't be bothered.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after searching

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same issue. I even bought another brand new S-pen and it still does it. I also have issues with the pen "grabbing" the screen before the pen even touches it, even with every possible air action turned off. 

To me this really seems like a hardware issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ 5G: Chrome locks up when touching the screen with S Pen after searching

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's happening to me on my Note 10 as well. Happens with both Chrome and Edge. Didn't start happening to me until I upgraded to Android 10.

It's pretty close to making my phone not useable.

I didn't have any issues with my Note 8 locking up.

I've cleared my cache and reset my phone four times and the issue is still there. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@linkboy  I have done the same. All the resets and cache clearing have solved nothing. So far the only workaround I've seen is to touch the screen with your finger first, then with the pen. Stupid I know. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems to be a bug with Chrome. I was having the same issue since about 1 or 2 weeks. I resolved the issue by downloading the chrome beta version from the play store and its stopped at the moment. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can confirm the same happens with my note 10+ 5g

Been happening since day one of having the device .

Very annoying issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I resolved rhe problem by disabling chrome and using firefox browser as the default browser.

I dont have the issue anymore.

Obviously chrome has a bug with Samsung Note 10 and 10 plus