Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10+ 5G on Verizon Prepaid?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

So I am moving to Boise and Verizon has 5G coverage there, and I will be upgrading my phone soon. I want to get a 5G phone, even though prepaid users can't access 5G just yet. Future proofing. It looks like people without a 5G plan can use the phone on 4G LTE however, so I went to purchase the phone from Verizon online. It seems only postpaid users with 5G plans can buy the phone from Verizon. However, if I buy direct from Samsung, I can get the phone. The question is, will the phone activate on prepaid if I do get it? 

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Note 10+ 5G on Verizon Prepaid?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To my knowledge it should be as simple as dropping your current SIM card into your new phone

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To my knowledge it should be as simple as dropping your current SIM card into your new phone

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Balem is correct. If you buy an unlocked phone directly from Samsung it is as simple as dropping your sim card into the phone. It should auto detect the network and you'll be good to go.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it's just a sim insert

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE:The Note 10 5G takes an ESIM, which does not support Verizon Prepaid. I had to return the phone sadly because it seems there isn't a way around it. Just adding for future reference if anyone is considering the same thing I was.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just change somcard

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can't put a prepaid account on this new SIM card according to several Verizon reps, in store and Online. After further research, Samsung confirmed the same thing. I wish it was just get a new SIM card because I really liked the phone. I got the normal Note 10+ now so it's all good.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes you can I'm doing it right now