cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Note 10+ 5G still on Android 9

Hello all, I have a Note 10+ 5G, purchased a Verizon retail store in October 2019. Last week my Tab A got it's Android 10 update and that made me look at the phone, it shows Android 9, One Ui 1.5 and Android Patch Level July 1 2019.

Checking for updates always shows it's up to date. Yes it's on wifi, battery is fully charged, 200+ gb of free space. I have tried the software assistant, most of the time it won't even see the phone but when it does I receive a "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware."

I found threads about using Smart Switch to update it, this at least sees the phone (Windows 10 PC) but it returns a message that my phone is up to date. But if I view the phone info it shows Android version 9.0.0 and "your device software is up to date: SGJ(VXW)". The software version shown by the phone is N976VVRU1ASGJ.

I spent far too long talking to a Veriszon rep and ultimately she suggested contacting Samsung. I am hoping someone has a suggestion that will work.

I am a techie, I've been doing this sort of thing for 30 years, lack of comptuer experice is not the issue. Phone is not rooted, I have tried wiping the cache and doing a factory reset, no change, same results.

Thanks, Mike G.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ 5G still on Android 9

Hey Mike! Updates basically go from Google>Samsung>Carrier>End-User. If the device cannot be updated through Smart Switch, I would recommend asking Verizon for an OTA update to be sent out to the device. You can also verify the latest Baseband version with them.

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunately the tech's I've spoken to at Verizon said they have no idea and to check with Samsung. The phone works fine, I am mainly concerned about securtity patches since it's more than a year out of date.

Highlighted
Constellation

Im having the same issues.  Note 10 + usc same thing smart switch,factory reset clear catch,  all a no go i hve been trying with both Samsung an usc fir a mounth and no one can figure it out.   It over 200 mil for a repair store.   If you get it figured out please let us know

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, not that I'm happy about the situation but it was hard to imagine this was a completely isolated issue.