I got a new battery and it helped a little

AikuruKaijuu
Constellation

Re: Excessive battery drain

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

Keiths26
Cosmic Ray

You are deff not the only person buddy lol from what I have seen this update is affecting alot of people besides me and getting a new battery why the phones came out a few months ago there should be no reason for getting a new battery it's not that at all it's the software update I'm 100% positive

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@AikuruKaijuu Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps here? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/

Highlighted
userxQF9JdxScD
Asteroid

Amen and ditto (S10 battery drains crazy fast after Nov update via AT&T).

Samsung if you're listening it’d be nice if we didn't have to wait weeks for the fix. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userxQF9JdxScD Have you tried any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps?

userxQF9JdxScD
Asteroid

I already tried just about everything, thanks.

Like the other folks in this thread I feel pretty certain this started with the latest update (with October versions of the kernel and other components), as I really didn't change anything else before everything went south.

Samsung_jwHXiRJ
Cosmic Ray

Samsung really needs to upgrade or modify their batteries. These phones are so technologically advanced. Nowadays we practically do everything with our phones. They have do many useful features, but Samsung really needs to do something about the power source.

Mattyy0wMaster
Constellation

Hi there,

This is some of the issue that was making your battery drain:

>Out of date Operating System

>Multiple running applications

>Excessive using of Mobile Data / WiFi

>There was malicious Adware that was accidentally Installed / Click from non trusted websites

Make sure that your phone was updated and Optimize. If you want to check what application that mostly draining the battery please go to the SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS

If all troubleshooting has done. I assume that you already has an faulty battery issue (hardware)

Hope this will helps.

Regards,

Techw/Mattyy0wMasters

Keiths26
Cosmic Ray

Trust me when I tell you this I am a massive samsung fanboy I know everything and what to do still having the problem after all that I am pretty positive it was the new update we will see when the next update comes out if it will fix the issue as for right now there is nothing I can do