cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyJ
Cosmic Ray

Re: Excessive battery drain

It's beta software what do you want you know it beta software that is always bugs and glitches if you wasn't ready for that you should have never updated to the beta software you have to to live with it until the gold one comes out

Samsung_o30N8eq
Astronaut

well great ... why dont you all get the 50 apps you downloaded off my phone and maybe our batteries would hold a charge

Comet

@JimmyJ we arent on beta software yet. This is from the November security update. I've experienced it as well. It's not a massive drain for me, but it certainly noticable

Keiths26
Cosmic Ray

Yea I'm pretty sure is was the November security patch update I been doing more digging this issue is affecting alot of people in really hope samsung pushes something out because this is ridiculous if you ask me

userxQF9JdxScD
Asteroid

Somebody at Samsung deserves some credit as it appears they've pushed out an update that fixes the battery drain problem we've all been whining about.

I installed a fresh OTA update from AT&T two days ago that included the Nov. 1 security patch and a kernel compiled Oct. 26.  Battery life is definitely back to its normal excellence, with Android System no longer showing insane levels of power consumption.

Thank you beloved Samsung nerds!  That was a speedy fix, and I hope it works equally well for everyone else.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for reaching out to inform us of your concerns.

As a community Moderator, I would like to collect additional information to pass along to my engineers.

Please refrain from posting the private requested information here on-page. 

I would like to request that if you are experiencing these symptoms, please send me a private message here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Requested Information

Detail of your symptom: (when does this occur & what you are trying to do when it happens)
Carrier:
Locked or Unlocked device:
Model code of your device:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSD0orZiVVP
Constellation

Experiencing a huge battery drain, 

Note 10+ used to last at least up to 9 pm with heavy usage, now it barely goes after 4/5 pm, I have to recharge.

It feels deeply upsetting, using a flagship phone like this, experiencing sub-par battery backup.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userSD0orZiVVP Thank you so much for reaching out to inform us of your concerns.

As a community Moderator, I would like to collect additional information to pass along to my engineers.

Please refrain from posting the private requested information here on-page. 

I would like to request that if you are experiencing these symptoms, please send me a private message here at this link: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Requested Information

Detail of your symptom: (when does this occur & what you are trying to do when it happens)
Carrier:
Locked or Unlocked device:
Model code of your device:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

userSOdsEJ212p
Constellation

Re: Note 10+ Battery Issues.

When someone from Samsung request additional information on your phone how do you respond back to them? The http address won't work in a browser, a text app won't take it and it won't work as a Email address. This battery problem on this 1 month old Note 10+ is making me regret trading in my old S8.

Jblue
Astronaut

Note 10+ 5g battery draining really fast

Battery could go 2 days without charging when I first got the phone. Last couple months it's draining very fast.  When it gets to 5%, whether I'm using the phone or  not, I'm lucky if I have a couple minutes before it dies.  I still have my note 8, even being a couple years old, to this day I can go to bed with it at 5 or 6%, wake up the next morning at 2%. I never had to do anything special to the note 8, for battery performance. So I can't understand why I'm having this issue with my NEW phone that I've had for less than 5 months.