cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useronVR0PRDdl
Asteroid

Note 10 Bluetooth Issues, Buyer Beware!!!

I just received my Note 10+ and I am having issues with Bluetooth connectivity. It connects for calls after multiple resets but it will not connect to Bluetooth audio.  Smiley Frustrated

This wouldn't be as bad if there was a headphone jack outlet but that option is gone! Samsung, what are you thinking? You have loyal customers here.  The money will come, just be sure to test and fix these known quality issues and avoid the embarrassment like the exploding phone flop.   

I spoke to customer service and they are clueless. All they do is waste time knowing there is a well known existing issue stemming from the Note 9 through the S10 line and now the Note 10+Smiley Frustrated

Samsung please help or I'll have no choice but to go with a different manufacturer if these issues aren't addressed/fixed. Smiley Sad

Regards...

38 REPLIES 38
Oliver-e
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 10 Bluetooth Issues, Buyer Beware!!!

Really sorry you're facing these types of issues with your brand new device.

Some other Samsung devices like A20 and J7 are facing this issue as well, so far i've done some troubleshooting steps that end up resolving these problems.

You can try to reset the bluetooth feature under settings > apps > (3 dots on top, select ''show system apps'') > then you'll search for the bluetooth app (may show up 3 of them) and you'll force stop (it will show a pop up which you need to select force stop again).

On the same page, you'll scroll down until ''storage'' and select clear data (no worries, no personal data will be affected).

After doing all these, steps, please restart your device and let me know if it worked!

I'll follow up in this case, in case it doesn't work so i can do more re-search about it.

useronVR0PRDdl
Asteroid

Yeah, Samsung support said the same thing but that didn't fix the problem. Seems like its a hardware or software issue.  Thanks for trying though.. I hope its a software issue and easily solved

userhJhfQnftP4
Astronaut

I am beyond frustrated with this very expensive Note 10 and the Bluetooth issues. I had no problem with my Note 8 connecting in my car and loading my entire phone book, or connecting to multiple devices like my watch, wireless headphones, etc.

This Note 10 is seriously making me regret my "upgrade". I need connectivity in my car!!! I've tried everything suggested to fix this and nothing is working. I want to go back to my 8 so badly! Seriously. 

userhJhfQnftP4
Astronaut

BTW, Verizon is my carrier. 

userME4xejQeAN
Astronaut

I just got my Note 10 plus. I'm facing the same Bluetooth issues, and have done all that you and many others have advised. Nothing seemed to work. Initially, I thought that the Note10+ was not compatible with my Fitbit Versa, but subsequently discovered that it couldn't even Bluetooth to my other devices like selfie stick, hearing aid streamer etc ... Samsung - what's happening? All was well with my Note 8 ... am disappointed.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@useronVR0PRDdl  Did you make sure the bluetooth speaker you have is fully functional? did you try to connect the device into multiple bluetooth speaker? Some speakers requries full reset before it can accept new bluetooth device.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
useronVR0PRDdl
Asteroid

Yes, these are all obvious steps that have been done even with the advice of customer support.  It's a software compatibility issue.  I suspect it works only on newer vehicles 2016+.  It worked on my wife's 2017 Lexus but not on my 2011.  You do a search online you will see it's happening to many other cars makes/models. Particularly years older than 2015 model cars.  Perhaps its older version of Bluetooth. idk...

nils429
Asteroid

FWIW, I have an unlocked 10+ and I haven't had any issues connecting to a 2014 Ford (running Synch 2.XX) for calls and BT audio.  Even through several on/off cycles getting in and out of the car, it connects right up.  Also havent' had any handoff hiccups using the Galaxy Buds, or my Galaxy Watch as they come in and out of range of the phone.

Maybe worth an exchange if you can verify the handoff isn't working on some other devices.

userPhwBzk7GJl
Asteroid

It works great since I had it. However just today that keeps disconnected. I was on an important phone call that I had to hold a phone while driving. Very dangerous! Samsung needs to fix this. I believe it is a bug issue or something. Idk. please fix it fast