cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matztech
Constellation

Note 10+: Colours on certain apps look dull

I recently bought a Note 10+ and I have used it for the past week. I noticed the colours on WhatsApp & Instagram look very dull. I changed the screen mode to Vivid and I'm getting the same results. I compared this to my OnePlus 6T (AMOLED Display) which I had and I found out that the colours are very much dull on the Note 10+. Is this a problem with my device or is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_x8pzAT0
Astronaut

This certainly looks like your device is not working norm...

This certainly looks like your device is not working normal. Contact your Samsung support and get it fixed.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+: Colours on certain apps look dull

@matztech Would you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? Please keep in mind that private information is not allowed in the Community, so please do not include usernames, ID's, phone numbers, etc.

userMWeeY0n5lq
Constellation

I just purchased a Note 10+. Coming from a Note 8, I can confirm that the colours on the Note 8 were much nicer, vivid and less washed out across the entire device. My wife just upgraded as well from a Note 8 to a S10 and she noticed the same issue on her phone. This is has been an unpleasant surprise. It seems that Samsung has adjusted the colour rendation on their screens but I don't believe it's for the better. 

Black Hole

@matztech wrote:

I recently bought a Note 10+ and I have used it for the past week. I noticed the colours on WhatsApp & Instagram look very dull. I changed the screen mode to Vivid and I'm getting the same results. I compared this to my OnePlus 6T (AMOLED Display) which I had and I found out that the colours are very much dull on the Note 10+. Is this a problem with my device or is this normal?

If the screen would have an issue, then why it would only affect certain apps?  Could it be that screens on Note10 may have some tweaked color profile and these certain apps don't handle it properly. Worth contacting developers of the apps.