cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 10+ Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am reposting this, as my original post seems to have been removed at 999+ views... The fingerprint scanner on my note 10+ did not work straight out of the box. I updated the phone then tied to register my fingerprint but nothing would happen at all, no error message... nothing, as if it didnt recognize my finger was on the sensor at all. So I factory rest the phone and updated it again. I was then able to get my fingerprint registered and it worked just fine for about 5-10 minutes then it stopped working, with the same issue arising again.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 10+ Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rigzly wrote:

I am reposting this, as my original post seems to have been removed at 999+ views... The fingerprint scanner on my note 10+ did not work straight out of the box. I updated the phone then tied to register my fingerprint but nothing would happen at all, no error message... nothing, as if it didnt recognize my finger was on the sensor at all. So I factory rest the phone and updated it again. I was then able to get my fingerprint registered and it worked just fine for about 5-10 minutes then it stopped working, with the same issue arising again.

At times I had the issue when this site would not let me reply to threads when lenght of posts went over 2nd page.

When you reset the device, did you restore from backup?  I am thinking it could be an app that is messing around with the sensor or the sensor is defective.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, i did not restore from backup

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rigzly wrote:

No, i did not restore from backup

Any 3rd party screen protector installed?

If you tried to troubleshoot to the best of your ability, then contact Samsung Tech Support:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/mobile/phones/galaxy-note

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: The fingerprint scanner on my Note 10+ randomly started working about 3 days ago and has continued to do so without any issues🤞. This was not fixed by an update as the device was last updated 9/11/19, and as far as I am aware there has not been one since.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update 11/25/2019: Installed an update on my Note 10+ claiming to improve fingerprint recognition. However, it did quite the opposite. Now instead of getting a fingerprint sensor icon I just get an error saying "The fingerprint sensor is not responding please try again later." 👌🌿

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried registering other fingers? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Are you using any third-party launchers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

#1. I tried to add new fingerprints, however, when I select fingerprints from the biometrics and security settings I get a pop up that reads "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device." (Have tried restarting multiple times.

#2. Yes this still happens in safe mode.

#3. No, I am not using any third-party launchers

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wiping the Cache Partition Fixed the issue, Thank you!