cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perdurabo
Asteroid

Note 10+ Microphone Issue, Anyone?

Hello,

I recently bought a Note 10 Plus and whenever I am in a call with someone,  they tell me that my voice seems deep/distant/under water/robotic, etc.  This does not happen all the time and right away, often after like 15 minutes into the call and sometimes as soon as I start talking.

I took it to the maintenance office of the supplier, did some tests on it and replaced it with a brand new Note 10+ device.  After using the new device, I received the same complaints from my friends.  This did not happen before with my S8+ which I use with it the same wifi connection, 4G subscription, and sim cards.

Did anyone face similar issues ?

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 10+ Microphone Issue, Anyone?

@Perdurabo does it happen when you put it on loud speaker? You can try recording videos and see if the videos capture decent sound if it does the issue might be on network or the other end.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Perdurabo
Asteroid

it also happens when its not on lound speaker.....though when its on lound speaker maybe it increasese not sure.   It does not only happen on wifi but also on 4G and during regular calls.   

Regarding the video thing, this is worth giving a shot.  I'll do that today and report back.  thank you

userXkCdtLN3Qw
Constellation

Hello.. I have posted a reply with a similar problem but on loud speaker.. when i am in a call and put the phone on loud speaker the other person doesn t hear me,or it is interupting,or sound like I am very far of the phone... if i am near the phone they hear me better but anything far from 1 meter sounds bad.. thanks for any advice

SINlSTER
Astronaut

Might be your wifi connection or hotspot

Perdurabo
Asteroid

it also happens on 4G  and during regular calls

Honored Contributor

@Perdurabo wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought a Note 10 Plus and whenever I am in a call with someone,  they tell me that my voice seems deep/distant/under water/robotic, etc.  This does not happen all the time and right away, often after like 15 minutes into the call and sometimes as soon as I start talking.

I took it to the maintenance office of the supplier, did some tests on it and replaced it with a brand new Note 10+ device.  After using the new device, I received the same complaints from my friends.  This did not happen before with my S8+ which I use with it the same wifi connection, 4G subscription, and sim cards.

Did anyone face similar issues ?

1) See if VoLTE is the culprit as it could sometimes have voice quality issues. 

2) If your connection settings don't have VoLTE toggle switch, then go to connection settings and change network mode to something lower than LTE.

3) See if you can reset APN settings: Check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults.

4) See if your sim card is a bit old and get fresh sim from your carrier

Perdurabo
Asteroid

thank you for your feedback but the sim was and still is working fine when I put it in another device.  I tried switching off VolTe to see if there is any progress.  The APN settings i did reset them before.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Highlighted
usermVhBONuz1K
Astronaut

I just brought a brand new note 10 plus through Verizon and I'm experiencing the same issue's.  My voice either echoes,  or the other party can't hear me. I have exchanged the phone twice at different locations,  and I'm still experiencing the same problem.  I think it's a hardware or manufacture issue. I'm going to return the phone today, not sure if I'm going to get a different model.  So disappointed because I love the phone!