cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaryGiannini
Astronaut

Note 10 Models PS4 Controller Support

Recently upgraded from the Note 8 to the Note 10 plus.

It's an amazing little machine, but I'm intensely disappointed it doesn't support the PS4 controller yet.

Come on Samsung!

49 REPLIES 49
userdC896vPxnF
Astronaut

Re: PS4 Controller FAIL!

I am having the same issue and when asking samsung support they suggested clearing cache and data on bluetooth app. That did not work, need this fixed asap. 

Highlighted
theryanbamford
Asteroid

Dex mode crashing, PS4 controller not yet compatible with Note 10?

Been trying to use Dex through an HDMI > USB-C adapter on my TV and while it works fine on my note 10+, it crashes after around 10 minutes. No error or anything, Dex just exits and my phone returns to the home screen. Has anyone had a problem like this and does anyone have a solution? It works perfectly on my wife's S 10 plus. 

Also I noticed that it seems the note 10 does not currently support the ps4 controller. Is this a bug or a software feature that is planned to get fixed?

I have a ps4 controller and it works perfect on my note 8, my wife's S10 plus and my PS4. When I connect it to my note 10 it does pair but doesn't do anything. No controls do anything. I can plug it in directly with a USB cord through an adapter but the input is all wrong. Turning off the controller still shows it as connected in my bluetooth settings and trying to unpair it crashes bluetooth on my phone and it hangs up. If I restart the phone I am able to turn bluetooth back on and unpair it at that point. 

At first I thought maybe this was an issue with my specific note 10, but I took it to the Verizon store and tried on both of their display models and it didn't work on those either.

I can use an xbox one controller through bluetooth and it works perfectly fine. My Gear fit 2 smartwatch works perfectly fine, my headphones work perfectly on bluetooth. So all signs point to this being a software issue with the new notes not being compatible with the ps4 controller. Can I submit a ticket somehow to Samsung to get this feature fixed? 

Overall I love this phone and it is very snappy and beautiful. However, when you add up all the stuff together, Linux on Dex not supported, Dex crashing, can't use my controller, Heart Rate sensor removed from the phone, can't change the color of my navigation bar anymore, etc it all adds up and doesn't feel like much of an upgrade from my note 8. In fact I feel like I could do more on that phone, it just wasn't as mind blowingly fast. Most of these issues don't impact most people I feel like, it seems like every review is just concerned about the look of the phone and the camera quality which annoys the heck out of me. I buy notes because I'm a power user who wants the most out of my phone. 

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

Re: Dex mode crashing, PS4 controller not yet compatible with Note 10?

I and others are experiencing the same issue, see link below. Hopefully it gets some attention and fixed soon!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Galaxy-Note-10-is-not-working-properly-with-Sony-PS4-Dual...

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano
theryanbamford
Asteroid

Re: Dex mode crashing, PS4 controller not yet compatible with Note 10?

Thanks Tomas! Although it would be ideal for it to work normally, it is good to know there is now a group of people describing the same issue. Maybe now we can get Samsung to fix it

GaryGiannini
Astronaut

I'm having the same issues as the original poster. No sup...

I'm having the same issues as the original poster.

No support for PS4 controller.

No linux on dex mode.

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 10+ is not working properly with Sony PS4 Dual-shock Controller

Problem Description

Issue 1: The controller does not work at all when connected via bluetooth. The phone connects to the controller just fine, but does not register any key presses or the touchpad. Completely unusable.

Issue 2: If you connect the controller via USB to the phone, the controller touchpad works, but none of the buttons are mapped properlly. Completely unusable. 

Issue 3: If you try to disconnect from the controller using the bluetooth app while it is connected, it never disconnects and you have to reboot your phone to disconnect it. 

Notes: This was tested on two different PS4 Controller via USB and hard wire, and this was tested on a total of 5 different Galaxy Note 10+ Phones.

Trouble Shooting Steps Taken So Far

1. Reset Bluetooth Settings on phone
  2. Reset General Settings on phone
  3. Reset Bluetooth Settings on the contoller
  4. Unpairing
  5. Rebooting
  6. Clearing Device Cache

Please reply if you have experience a similar issue, or if you have a solution. I believe that this is a bug in the software of the phone, however, I cannot make that call. I hope Samsung Dev. can fix this issue soon!

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano
userLkJEps20D2
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ is not working properly with Sony PS4 Dual-shock Controller

Same issue here. Canadian Note 10+. Same controller has been working flawlessly with my Note 8.

Also noting inconsistent connectivity with other bluetooth controllers on the Note 10+. I've had to re-pair many times to get any functionality. 

userkrw4k4TTrK
Constellation

I have the same issue. 2 controllers and 1 phone but same results. Using a UK release date red controller and a Star wars battlefront ps4 pro controller. Connects but doesn't work at all and when disconnecting I have to reboot phone to even turn bluetooth off. 

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

In addition to my original post, I am experiencing the exact described issues you mentioned above. My main controller device is actually the same PS4 Pro Starwars Battlefront edition controller (I did also test with a default PS 4 controller). It's a small world after all. I hope this is fixed soon!

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano