cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Galaxy Note 10+ is not working properly with Sony PS4 Dual-shock Controller

That's because the sony PS4 DualShock controller is not compatible with the Galaxy note 10

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

Well currently you are correct, but I believe this issue to be a software problem and not a hardware limitation. That is why I created this post. I'm hoping that if enough people report the issue, that Samsung Dev will fix it. It's a great piece of hardware that was just released. Things like this are almost expected, even with highly anticipated flagship devices. It's all a matter of feedback and supporting the community. That way we can help make this device better, and not to mention have a enjoyable experience. 

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano
Samsung Care Ambassador

I'll go ahead and make a thread in the ambassador forum section. Having a PS4 controller compatible would be handy

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

Thank you for the attention to this post. I, and I am sure that other Samsung users, appreciate it. 

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano
useroELmYw5dVL
Constellation

I've been having these similar issues with my Galaxy S10 e

@SuperUserTom23 wrote:

Problem Description

Issue 1: The controller does not work at all when connected via bluetooth. The phone connects to the controller just fine, but does not register any key presses or the touchpad. Completely unusable.

Issue 2: If you connect the controller via USB to the phone, the controller touchpad works, but none of the buttons are mapped properlly. Completely unusable. 

Issue 3: If you try to disconnect from the controller using the bluetooth app while it is connected, it never disconnects and you have to reboot your phone to disconnect it. 

Notes: This was tested on two different PS4 Controller via USB and hard wire, and this was tested on a total of 5 different Galaxy Note 10+ Phones.

Trouble Shooting Steps Taken So Far

1. Reset Bluetooth Settings on phone
  2. Reset General Settings on phone
  3. Reset Bluetooth Settings on the contoller
  4. Unpairing
  5. Rebooting
  6. Clearing Device Cache

Please reply if you have experience a similar issue, or if you have a solution. I believe that this is a bug in the software of the phone, however, I cannot make that call. I hope Samsung Dev. can fix this issue soon!

SuperUserTom23
Asteroid

I have been reading that this issue is also occurring on the S10 series phones. Hopefully Samsung can fix it for all of our devices!

Thanks,
Tomas Serrano
user3856suFbTC
Constellation

I'm thinking it's because, of there new partnership with Mircosoft maybe?... Has anyone tried linking a Xbox S or X controller? Plus does anyone know how to fix the sound when you plug the PS4 controller in using the USB adapter and cable? Because it works great just no sound. I played N64's NFL Blitz with some issues at first but, once I rest the phone no issues at all for the rest of the play thru..

Highlighted
userLkJEps20D2
Constellation

How did you get it to work wired?  I am trying to use a micro usb cable with a usb-c adapter on the end and it doesnt detect it. I also unpaired it but it keeps trying to connect.

usermcQc1iYVd7
Astronaut

Same exact multiple issues. Note 10+ Verizon

usereYGdLNJAzd
Constellation

Same problem here note 10 +