cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Wireless controller input is not working.

Have you tried any other type of controller?

Helldoggo
Asteroid

PS4 controllers won't work for some ridiculous reason, a bug that samsung definitely needs to fix ASAP. I'm extremely irate about this because I had high Hopes of gaming and game streaming on this phone. 

Honored Contributor

@Samsung_EjBF3YQ wrote:

I recently decided to play some minecraft on my note 10 and decided that a controller would suit me better for this sort of gameplay. I connected my device via bluetooth and no problems there and when I open the app the phone is not registering any of the input from the controller, I've tried the 3 controllers that I've got. Am I missing something or is there something in the settings that I need to redo?

Some controllers might also have an app that may be needed.  Also not all games support controller input

usercDNrTDjnr0
Constellation

Re: Note 10 Models PS4 Controller Support

Only temporary fix I figured out is to use the 'USB-A to USB-C Adapter' that came with your phone. Plug that to your phone with the USB charging cord connected to the PS4 Controller and then press the PS Home button. Until they fix the Bluetooth issue, which is what I'm also having trouble with, this is the only way my Note 10 Plus will successfully respond to the PS4 Controller. You might also need to go to Control Mapping in the emulator settings just incase for example: Pressing the X button responds as the O  button.  

Hope this helps! 

Your Friendly Neighborhood Puerto Rican 

Lol

20190929_141100.jpg

user7jY1PmpFX5
Asteroid

This is ridiculous! This is basic connectivity that every other android and iphone model allows.

How has this not been patched yet.

Come on Samsung  is there an ETA??

Bloody $1100 machine cant do the basics.

@GaryGiannini wrote:

Recently upgraded from the Note 8 to the Note 10 plus.

It's an amazing little machine, but I'm intensely disappointed it doesn't support the PS4 controller yet.

Come on Samsung!

Shameful.

usereNokFPSB0d
Constellation

Same issue here. In fact no controllers (wired or wireless) work for me.
I've been reading up on this and I think it may be an issue with Android 9.

Other Samsung devices:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Can-t-connect-DualShock-4-controller-to-S10E-via-USB-...

Pixel:

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/6903720?hl=en

One person in that first thread mentions that it doesn't work on his S8, meanwhile my old S8 connected to my PS4 controller just fine. However I never updated to Android 9.

From what I've read it sounds like Android 10 solves this issue. Apparently you can sign up for the beta in the "Samsung Members" app if you're in Germany or the US. I'm in Canada unfortunetely so I can't confirm this.

If anybody is able to hop on the Android 10 beta, I'd love to hear if the problem is solved.

theryanbamford
Asteroid

Hoping maybe the Android 10 update will fix this, according to the PS4 remote play app Sony says devices running Android 10 can "now" use PS4 controllers as well, although I never had an issue before buying the note 10

userUSij72wrWz
Asteroid

It can work for xbox controllers LOL

Samsung_jN7iU8m
Constellation

I'm in the same boat having upgraded from a note 8.  I bought a brand new dualshock 4 controller hoping that I could play call of duty mobile using dex and my controller.  Since I travel I was thinking of how convenient this would be.  Same thing happens with my ds4 and bluetooth crashes when connected to the controller.  Hope that there is a fix soon......

Arkham1
Astronaut

I actually cant that you can use controller on iPhone without any hassle but on note 10 you just cant